Friday, January 21, 2011

When the morning gives you clouds

When the morning gives you clouds – wear your sunflowers!



It was one of those days, not bad, just there, which is good, not bad. Too much to watch on TV:


1) Australian Open
2) Fringe (starts on its new night tonight)
3) Ghost Adventures

So no time for blogging – so this will be quick, easy, and not too complicated. This week I ordered (on Tuesday) a long sleeve t-shirt from Sundance (love their shop) and it came yesterday?! And that was regular postage for shipping.


Bear with me while I head back to my younger days singing, “we shall overcome, we shall overcome,” and “Michael row your boat a shore, . . .” and “Those were the days, my friends….. we thought they’d never end. We'd sing and dance forever in a day...” (do you see me giving you the peace sign?)


Good grief, Charlie Brown, a pink peace sign and in long sleeves!

And - newsflash - At the last minute on Wednesday, I signed up for a class with Claudine Hellmuth at Angela's Happy Stamper. You all know what a groupie I am of hers. This time we will be making a beautiful paper wreath which I fell in love with when it was announced but I felt I might not be “well” enough to attend following the surgery. Little did I know this cut-job would be a breeze. If you are around and want to take the class, call Angela’s because they may have some space available. Also noted on Claudine’s blog are two workshops in New York City, March 19-20, at The Ink Pad – yes, one of my favorite stores. I love that store so much, that I would be willing to catch a train to NYC for the day just to go to that store and have lunch at the Gotham Restaurant! Don’t tempt me because, yes, we would have date.


I have taken both of these workshops before and feel these are two of her greatest workshops and would be willing to take them again. You just suck up so much knowledge from Claudine and she is an incredible teacher and just so darn nice. Click on The Ink Pad above for the link if anyone will be in the NYC area in March ……………….

Finally found a copy of Sew Somerset at Michaels today at lunch. Yes, it has two of my fav artists in it:  Lovey and Patti. However, I must admit,  Lovey hit pay dirt with a three page spread…..


Patti also has some beautiful work in the magazine! You can view both artists on their blogs at Fabric Photo Memories (Lovey) and Patti over at Magpie's Nest.

OK, I have to R U N…………….. time is running out to get dinner, get settled, get TV going for a busy night of watching three shows at once. What did we do in the good old days, pray tell? See you tomorrow or Sunday!

Bliss is in the eye of the beholder and in the heart of the beholdee. (giggle) I made that up as if you couldn’t figure it out! Hugs peeps!


9 comments:

Jan Hennings said...

I'll have to check out both these blogs :) I love all the Stampington and Comapny publications!
So glad that you had your annual mammogram! I had mine in October :)

Janet Ghio said...

i covet your sunflower sweater!!! Love it! and the photo of your dog--that is pure bliss!!

~*~Patty S said...

thank you for the kind mention M

I will have to check out Lovey's spread in the magazine!

Love your sweater and don't you just get around...a stamp store in NYC...who knew!

Happy Weekend to ya
Stay Warm!
oxo

Dorthe said...

Dear Marlyn,
I have takem a trip back, in your postings, and can see you have been on a long, and difficult trawel, -I so hope for you, that it will go forward from now, and that you will be able to forget all about cancer.
I LOVE YOUR SUNFLOWER SWEATER
Hugs, Dorthe

Diane said...

We are going to visit my son in March, but will leaving on the 16th--but I'm planning on going to The Ink Pad--I loved that place! A bit overwhelming though with all of those stamps.

Lovey said...

Oh my Marlynn! I love your sunflowers and your peace sign! I will sing with you any day of the week and Snoopy Dance our way through all the lyrics. Now, I'm super thrilled that you were able to get your copy of the magazine! I was ever so pleased to see the beautiful spread I was allotted. I didn't expect the four pages but boy was I happy to see them come out so lovely...Mom would be proud. I can see her now showing all her friends. Your support of me makes me think of her and the joy she would have felt. Hugs to you! Going to check out Patti's article and blog! Love the Pooch Picture too!!! Smootches!
Ha! My word verification word is reverant-close enough to reverent and that is what I am feel for you..."Feeling or showing deep respect..." Yup! That sums it up! Smiles!

Anonymous said...

One of my so-called "resolutions" this year (even though I don't make them) is to get serious about my artwork again. Not easy, with my mom being sick and trying to meeting writing deadlines. But I count on YOU for inspiration here, and you never let me down! Thanks so much for that ...

And you're a "Fringe" fan too ... AND you like to order from Sundance. A friend after my own heart, you are.

Unknown said...

LOVE that sunflower jacket! And that picture...Oliver? I LOVE IT!! Makes me smile. Thanks Marlynn!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I seem to be playing catch up on every blog. I'm so glad you showed the sunflower sweater, because I am so inspired by your RR theme. Now I see sunflowers EVERYWHERE. Peace signs, Sew Somerset, Sundance, Fringe, and Claudine all in one post has got to be good. Then throw in Oliver and you have a really fun post. NO CLOUDS at all in this post!!