Friday, January 28, 2011

Inspirations in the Breeze

Yesterday, as you know, I stayed home to have a play-date with me instead of going into work. Yes, I had me a snow day at home.


Was it worth it? You betcha! Did I have fun? You betcha! Was my home made soup good? Oh yes, especially the garlic bread. Hungry? I am all of a sudden!


As my rust garden grew, I was inside being inspired by KC Willis. She sent me some fabric a month ago as a trade for her canceling a workshop in our area. Believe me I really would have loved to have taken a workshop with KC. Here is a piece that was in her package.

It is so beautiful to me that sometimes I just hold it and look at it to see how she made it-OK I admit it - a little weird! This gal's creativity blows me away.

So, I tried my own by first of all finding a cardboard box, found a lighter, and burned it (yes, I did it outside - see the snow?)

Then I found pieces of fabrics and grabbed her "clumpy" threads and proceeded to break my sewing machine needle. Found a spare (thank you Elizabeth - my organizing Guru!) located with other "like" kind of things - what a concept and resewed.

Pulled out some more material I had along with a beautiful piece of lace Terri over at Artful Affirmations sent me. (I love Terri - we bonded years ago when we found each other as newbies over at PaperWhimsy and the rest is history. She sends me cool stuff on a whim. I owe her more than she knows!)

Started sewing away! I really had fun fun fun yesterday with my sewing machine!

Going to change the  topic suddenly on you - - - I saw Dr. Rosemary my radiologist (remember I don't need chemo *yea*) today and we are getting ready to start the treatments:  18 treatments / broken down it will be 5 days a week for three weeks and then the last three right after that. I am excited to start this new venture in this part of the journey. I will go on Monday to get my CT scan and my "Tattoos"..... don't think they will let me select butterflies. Drat it. Crummy. How about a heart? Nope, just some dots. But they will be my very first tattoos. Cool dude, cool!!

I really promise over the weekend to show you the last two pages of Salon des Cent. Here's a peek at the last tag in the book:

Love that quote on the tag: "I have found that if you love live, Life will love you right back--"  In the mean time, I am watching an Australian Open Match and later Ghost Adventures on tonight, and I need to go cook dinner, take phone calls, LOL...... You all hang in there!



8 comments:

Janet Ghio said...

Fabulous apron you are wearing my dear!!

Terri said...

Oh you are having fun! Yea!
I love what you are doing with your bits of old and rust...I love that piece of lace you used too, and how you are layering and stitching. I would like to try this kind of creating too.
Your last two pages are fab of course!
And that is a way cool apron, wear it to your C.T. ; )
Hugs,
Terri

Diane said...

All yummy eye candy here. and KC Willis--another very inspirational artist!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

It looks like we will be getting some snow days the first of the week, so I will be in my jammies, but no apron. I'm not an apron person.

I'm glad you found the spare needle. Once you are un-snowbound, you should stop somewhere and pick up another pack of needles IF that was your last one. You should get some really sharp ones. I think they are 80/11. They last forever unless I break them from stupidity. I saw a web site that said to change your needle at the end of each day. Whoever said that must have stock in their needle company. Then, it goes without saying to put the new needles right where you found the old ones and remember to visualize where you put them.

Burning the cardboard outside in the snow was wise. If it caught on fire, you had an "instant" hydrant and didn't even have to take a bucket of water outside. I love what you are doing with your paper and fabric, too. Sorry your workshop with KC was canceled. That's one person I would love to meet. Not for her cowgirls, but for her sewing techniques.

forcryeye said...

Good luck with your treatments! You will have loads of good vibes headed your way! Love the rusty frame! I think I will go hit the craft room, and turn on the natural light lamp you sent me! ;)

~*~Patty S said...

your apron is too much fun as are you my dear...it is always nice to see what you've been up to!
oxo

Lovey said...

You are just having the greatest time...I love it!! Great apron by the way!! We had snow days too!! Yeah! More snow soon??? We'll see...Hugs to you as big as ever!

Ziva Muzika said...

Grreat reading this