Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Six Players / Six Months in the Breeze

As you know, I am in a Round Robin and my theme is Sunflowers. This month I received the beautiful art work of Elizabeth and her sunflowers are spectacular! Literally, spectacular. Have a peek:

The one above is such an intriguing work of art. A little bit closer:

An image on a transparency and Green Stamps - two of my favorite things!



My brother especially loved this page that Elizabeth did with all of the sewing, me too!

And Elizabeth's tag was like looking into Wonderland or even Never Never Land or Narnia..... the layers, the sparkles, the "cobwebs" - what else could a girl ask for?


Elizabeth - you did one heck of an incredible job and I love all the pages. I love your art work!

And now, my Honeysuckle Breezers, I really must share with you a sad sad note. One of our six players, Gina Wise, passed way unexpectedly from a heart attack the Friday after Thanksgiving. We are all still in shock. There have been some beautiful tributes to Gina and I especially was moved by Elizabeth's who knew her much longer than I did. In only a few months, I fell in love with her sense of humor and her creative art work. I count myself extremely lucky to have received her art work in this swap. If you remember her sunflowers:


And Gina's tag - in all her beauty and innocence. You will me sorely missed Gina. I wish I would had a longer time to get to know you, however, I am so blessed to have had the opportunity to be in this round robin with you. You touched my life. May your soul soar among the angels and sing in the beauty of God's love.


4 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Wow, Marlynn. Thanks for sharing photos of some of my pages, and thanks even more for sharing your thoughts on Gina. What a lovely tribute to our dear friend and fellow artist. And to think Gina felt intimidated when she saw what you made for Patty. It goes to show, even good artists get insecure at times.

I am so glad to read that you liked my pages and honored that you like my art. It makes me proud to be a member of this very select group.

Unknown said...

Nice art indeed! Is that a REAL butterfly stuck on the flower?

So sad about Gina. I did not know her (and feel like I missed out), but going so suddenly and so young is a shock.

Glad to see that you are up to no good in no time at all. I thought of you today and was happy to see you stop by my blog.
(((hugs)))

Terri said...

Oh Yes, Elizabeth's pages are really beautiful art. I love the sunflowers and all her gorgeous layers.

I am so sad about Gina...
Many blessings on her loved ones.
Showing her art is such a loving thing to do and a lovely way to remember her.Hugs,

Terri

~*~Patty S said...

I do adore Elizabeth's tissue paper pages for you and what a find that perfect butterfly was...waiting to be honored

Lovely tribute to Gina...her beautiful artwork touched so many, I certainly feel blessed to have the India pages she created for me.

Take good care my friend
oxo