Sunday, December 19, 2010

Ho Ho Ho

Yes, slowly getting into the holiday spirit, and spent yesterday wrapping gifts, making brown bags into Xmas bags, "spoke" by email with a close cousin who has walked through breast cancer (worse than mine and diagnosed nine years ago in early 2000) and came thorough it wonderfully - she inspires me. I received a wonderful t-shirt from a very special gal - Korie - she made it for me and you should go take a look at her blog (We Will Always have Paris) and visit her ebay shop. She has some wonderful Nancy Drew Calendars... to make. On her blog - right now, boys and girls. I love Nancy Drew and love the new t-shirts/hoodies in the catalogues: WWNDD (What Would Nancy Drew Do?)

OK, I had to put on my new Think Pink with my Pink Turtle Neck and Black Jeans and head out to get a few more little items and then got back to decorating bags!

William & Somona worked out pretty well with Big Red Buttons and the front of the Sundance catalogue and a few red painted stars! LOL

The Starbucks bags work well also,


When I went to college in Oklahoma City I met up with a wonderful family -- he was my Episcopal priest, his wife was an actress, and they had a daughter in high school who adopted me as her big sis. We are talking the end of the 60s - like '68. Last year she found me on Facebook after all these years and have been following this blog. After reading my blog post from yesterday, she sent me an email last night admonishing me for not doing any holiday decorating.
OK, Vicki, I found some stuff not "under the stairs" - are you happy now.....


Hixley is, Harley refuses to play....


Love the elf I picked up in Helsinki, Finland. Well dinner is calling as usual. I did get over to Larcy and Phil's to exchange gifts. Oliver loved his gift and just got tuckered out while Phil was holding him.... such a party animal - Oliver that is, not Phil....



He did perk when I got ready to leave. Love that pup!




6 comments:

Janet Ghio said...

Love your Christmas tree with the birdhouse on top!! Fabulous! Harley looks like Sparky did yesterday--my daughter and family came over with their 6 month old puppy--Sparky is 11! He was happy to play for ahile, but after that, he just wanted to sit in my lap away from the chaos!!

Lovey said...

I'm so glad you are in the Christmas Spirit!!! I love you in you new shirt...you are just adorable anyways (smiles). You are a survivor...you are healed!!! Believe that!!! Love all your Christmas decorations. I haven't started wrapping yet and I really should get that started...love you...

Korie B. said...

I knew you'd look great in the shirt! Enjoy your holiday season. I'm looking forward to seeing you in the New Year... tea in January?

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Glad to see you got in the Christmas spirit. Your journal pages are lovely, too. And I'm crazy about your recycling efforts. Now if only I could get in the holiday spirit, all would be well. Have a lovely day and take two steps forward. You know you can do it!

Terri said...

Marlynn, You look fabulous! I am so glad you were able to do a little decorating. I hope it feels cheery.
Your Christmas crafting is so wonderful, I love that you re use bags and stuff to create with. They look very festive.
Hugs to you,
Terri

~*~Patty S said...

So glad you found your twinkle!!!
Lovely pics and such a great post on so many levels M!

Korie rocks...that shirt is perfect!
fa la la
and
ho ho ho to ya!
oxo