Saturday, December 18, 2010

Good Morning StarShine

I know, I know, it has been over two weeks and I apologize. Yes, it is 5:40 am and I have to admit that I got a little spooked about my blogging. It seems every time I blogged the last few months I seemed to take two steps backward. Really, peeps, really. Superstitions! Well, to prove a point. Two weeks ago on Sunday when I told you I was feeling OK, getting ready to go back to see my trainer and do cardio --

Food Poison hit....took a day and a half to get over.
Went back to work on Tuesday - a cold hit - takes me usually 2-3 weeks to get over one.
Went to see the "Chemo" doctor for a "get to know you" - she told me they had to send my tissue off for more tests - could not tell me if I was "low" or "high" risk. "High" gets chemo.
Did get to do one 30 minute cardio that week.
Went to meet the radiology doctor and spent three hours. Fascinating. She was pleased with the lab they sent my tissue to and said they would be able to tell us exactly what type of treatment would be the best for my type of cancer. She said if I didn't need chemo I would see her again in early February after surgery on Jan. 12.


All in the space of a week that was.

And then last Saturday I made the decision NOT to decorate for the holidays, NOT to post on the blog for a while, went out to get the Xmas gifts, haven't wrapped them yet but working on it today. Saw my surgeon, got two days of cardio in, worked all week, and cold is getting better.

The chemo doctor called on Thursday with results of the tests from California. My breast cancer is low risk and will respond to hormone and radiation. I don't need chemo and she wants to see me on Tuesday to get me started on the hormone before my next surgery or radiation. Yes, I am kind of doing the Snoopy Dance, and kind of not... remember my

Superstition. . . . sung and danced to the tune of "Tradition".......

and blogging. BUT, I say that be damned right now. Yes, I am doing the Snoopy Dance and wanted you to know at 5:54 am on a Saturday morning. In the mail yesterday, I received art work I had sent off to Stampington & Company - I believe Take Ten for a challenge - F O U R years ago and it was just returned and no it was not published. I will show you later on today or tomorrow morning. ONE of my fav creations since it was one of my first "lunch bag" books. Enjoy your Saturday. I am and am headed down to get some coffee. Hugs to all and to all have a great day!



11 comments:

Diane said...

This is good news Marlynn!! And it sounds like your fighting to get back to normal (whatever that is) and your getting there--keep going. I wish you a very Merry Christmas, and we'll see you in blogland--right?
P.S. Survivor is good!!--who do you like?

Janet Ghio said...

So glad to hear you are low risk! What a few weeks you have had!! Enjoy your day and the upcoming week. Have a wonderful Christmas!! Hugs! Just read Diane's post--are you a Survivor fan also?- me too

Terri said...

Oh Marlynn!!! I am totally ecstatic about your news! This is so good!
What a happy day!
No Chemo!!! That is so wonderful!
I hope that you are in a new cycle of things going really well.

I am looking forward to seeing your paper bag art that they did not publish. I bet it is amazing!
Hugs,
Terri

Anonymous said...

Hi Marlynn, its been a while since i got to any serious blogging but just dropped in to say hello, Oh my .. you must have been through the wars and back with all that health worry. I am glad that you have less to contend with than you might have and do hope that you continue to get stronger and well. sending you big hugs and wishing you love,peace,health and happiness for the upcoming new year
june x

~*~Patty S said...

Ohhh I like how things are sounding M...that really is great news! Get that surgery over and done with...moving on up to great health again.

Sometimes there is no accounting for taste...4 years...good golly Miss Molly...that's a LONG time!

I find decorating less fun than it used to be...the taking down is definitely NOT the fun part...so I have simplified in that department a lot!

Take care dear friend!
Happy Weekend before Christmas
oxo

Jill Robertson said...

rMarlynn...
Awesome news! I've still got you lifted up in my prayers. I check your blog everyday and have to say that I was getting a little bit concerned but at the same time I do understand.

Merry Christmas!!

Lovey said...

Oh my Marlynn,,,this is great news about not needing chemo!! Dance my friend, I am dancing with you. God loves you! Remember that and He gave you to me so....I can't help but love you too! Stay strong, pick up that gift and wrap it! Rejoice! Again I say rejoice!!! Kisses!
BTW...NO SUPERSTITIONS!!! JUST FAITH!!! Okay?

ju said...

Sending good vibes for good things...no more two steps back..only forward my friend! Happy you put up a little decor...I only did a little too.
xo

Julie Prichard said...

That's me...I'm "ju" now..typo. LOL

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm so glad to read all the good news and I'm glad you overcame superstition to post and let us see a bit of you and Harley. Bleubeard is happy to see his little redness too. Now I'm off to see the nEXT post I seem to have missed, also.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I forgot to mention that now I know why I've never sent anything to Somerset. FOUR YEARS? That's insane. Glad you got it back, finally.