Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Hi Ho Hi Ho its off to work I go........

Good evening my little honeysuckle breezers! Yes, I just completed my second day back at work and it was not too bad! In fact, I am feeling pretty darn good today. Life is good AND I am so excited that I WAS able to create and finish my "Mexico" pages on Saturday and Sunday. I so enjoyed having my brother and nephew here this past week. They were a wonderful pick-me-ups. AND, my dear nephew wrote about me on his blog. *blush* *blush* ....

You can read it by clicking on this link. He is so special and is not only my nephew but also my Godson. I love you Aaron! If you read the next day on his blog, you can see how his father (my bro) and I literally drive him over the wall with not only our food "touching" but mishing and mashing together. I swear Jim and I do it on purpose sometime to see him turn pea green - nah, we wouldn't do that would we????

Well, the exciting thing is I was in the mood to create and here we go on a little journey, boys and girls, a little journey into the land of Mexico. If you remember, I am in an art exchange group that I call 6 x 6. This past month I was to create pages for Dianne dealing with her theme of "Mexico." In an earlier post I told you about looking for inspiration in the grocery store,

In the book stores, In the Halloween aisle,


It was like Mexico was just not "coming" to me....... more food was bought,

And then it happened, oh the carnage,

And here are the sneak peeks. I can't show you all of the completed pages until Dianne receives them in the mail and I just got them out today..... When all was said and done - this creation gave me a sense of soaring which I haven't had lately. I was able to focus on art and art alone! Thank you, Jesus! It was liberating. Enjoy:





And finally, this one I call, "Good Night, Sweet Prince,"



7 comments:

~*~Patty S said...

first let me just clear up that I am NOT stalking your blog heehee

was visiting another blog and it popped up on their blogroll...soooo

Art Heals
Art Rocks
Art helps me breathe

and I see the same goes for you Missy! You look marvelous darlink and I cannot wait to see the rest of your pages...those sneaky peeks are tantalizing!

Extra sweet to have those special guys visiting too!
oxo

Createology said...

How fun to go on a treasure hunt of inspiration finds. Looks like you had a successful and creative completion. Muy Bueno...

Janet Ghio said...

Can't wait to see the whole pages!! BTW-loved the chili! At first I thought it was going to be too spicy, but after a few bites (I added beans also) it was good!! And we had cornbread muffin tops to go with it. YUM!!

Terri said...

Oh Marlynn! It is so good to see your new post. I love hearing that you are having a good week. I hope that you only continue to improve.
The sneak peek is tantalizing!
I can't wait to see the whole creation!
Hugs,
Terri

Diane said...

It's so good to see you getting back to what you love--I'm so happy for you, and how wonderful that you went back to work--awesome!
P.S. Loved your nephew's post!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I have NO IDEA where I was when you posted this, but apparently I was not on the computer. I'm so glad you shared your Thanksgiving week with us. I was shocked when I read on our 6 X 6 (good name by the way) group that you were back at work.

I just checked out your nephew's blog. I can see how important you are to him and that makes you even more special in my books (not that you weren't special to begin with).

Please take it easy, have fun, and I hope to see those Mexico pages really soon!

Dianne said...

Marlynn-I got your pages today!! I love them so much! you've spoiled me for sure...the pages are marvelous, and thanks for the extra goodies--you really outdid yourself! those little "head-bobbing" figures are so cute, and I really love all of the artwork! thank you thank you!