Tuesday, December 28, 2010

The day after Christmas Past

Hello dear Honeysuckle Breeze peeps. Today, the day after the Christmas Past post, I decided to go on and tackle my bedroom and get it clean. I could breathe so much easier with the swap art for Duane (Trees) finished yesterday that today was wash curtains, laundry, and rehang them, dust and sweep.

I loved the "retro" curtains I changed from the craft room to my bedroom and put the blue check curtains into the craft bedroom to go with Aaron's bed in there.



Of course he only gets his bed once to twice a year so - I use the bed as another work space. Woooo Hooo. Now this took me all day to do these various jobs including getting the vacuum out and the ladder, you see, I have to get this done before San Antonio and my second surgery since I am feeling pretty good right now.


Changing the subject on you ...... boys and girls we will now revisit the Salon des Cent brown paper bag book. Would be hysterical to resubmit it since they don't have a clue when they got it or even if it was published which it was not.... Oh well, just a silly thought. Now on to pages 5-6. Here is page 5: Apply papers. (These are bits and pieces of the Lynne Perrella papers from Stampington.) Stamp quote (The Queen’s Ink) and distress. Stamp face (Cats Life Press). Very simple layout.....


Page 6: Apply papers and page torn from old book. Stamp image (Cats Life Press) on velum, glue to card and adhere to page.


The pull out tab from the pocket on the left side was really fun to make. Using some clip art and various images/stickers were applied. Various alpha stamps were used to create words. Add an eyelet and ribbon.


Hope you enjoyed these few pages and will show you more tomorrow. Tomorrow will be an early start for me with an appointment with my cardiologist to discuss my blood thinners and upcoming surgery - he has to sign off on my surgery on the 12th. Then trainer James has already started texting me today to see when "we" are going to do cardio. Told him I done mine today with ladders and things. Will get by to see him tomorrow. And then I will visit with you all! Have a lovely evening. And hugs to all and to all a good night.



6 comments:

Createology said...

It feels so good to have a clean fresh space. Love your collaged pages. Happy week closing 2010.

Lovey said...

Oh can I come over to sit in that comfy chair? I just cooked dinner, took down the tree, swept all the tinsel from the floor and cleaned up those toys! Whew...calgon take me away! I'm pooped! Dust...hmm not tonight, although I did wipe down the piano...smiles. Time for a hot bath and some tea. Love the bag submission....Love to you.

Terri said...

It is so good to hear you say you are feeling good! Look at all the house cleaning you have done too! Wow. I better get busy.
Your paper bag book is fab. I know I said that before, but I love these pages too, especially the peace page. I love the colors and the layout mucho!
Hugs to you!
Terri

~*~Patty S said...

cozying your nest...Love that!

and so nice that you are feeling good my Lady!

I DO think you should resubmit your bag book...it's brilliant and timing is everything as we know! No need to even say anything about it to them...just surprise them!

happy midweek after Christmas
oxo

Sugar Lump Studios said...

Hello Miss Marlynn
love your home and beautiful art! :)
I hope you have a wonderful New Year and many blessings in 2011!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What a great gift you have given me with your post that you are feeling good. It makes me feel good, too.

I did basically the same thing yesterday. It was 65 degrees F. I spent the entire day in shorts and a sleeveless top, stripping my house of Christmas decorations, cleaning it really well, and putting it back to "normal." Today is supposed to have a high of 30F.

I can't understand why your book didn't get published. It has so much rich detail. But at least I get to see it now.

Have a wonderful New Years evening and day tomorrow. I'll see you next year.