Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas Past

What a Whoop! Enjoyed my Christmas next door with my friend Jenny. We "grazed" most of the day while we watched a Dr. Who marathon on BBC America.

What a great way to spend Christmas. She did decorate this year since her neighbor will be coming up this week from Florida. Love the tree topper!

The day after Christmas I lounged around in my lounge pjs and cleaned. You see because I head to San Antonio next week and then a few days home and then back to the hospital, I need to get everything cleaned up now, because I won't feel like it right after surgery. So, on my check-list yesterday was dining room and kitchen - DONE!

Dining Room: - Check!


Kitchen: Check!

Christmas decorations down and tree with bird house moved into the dining room..... Check!

So, instead of tackling the living room today - I got a piece of art work done which will need to be mailed next week. This is my 6X6 swap group and I finished Duane's piece - once again if not today, I would have a hard time getting it to him by the deadline, since, yes, the surgery kind of falls on the date! LOL - this surgery is throwing a lot of stuff off.... Duane's theme was "Trees" and he is doing a Star Book.



The measurement I needed to deal with was 9" tall x 12" long. The tricky part is the page when folded into the star book will be 9"x 9" so I had to keep in mind where the "9" was on the 12 inch page. I like the way it came out.

The center piece of the creation is a photo I took in St. James Park in London back in 2005, printed on a transparency - 8 1/2 x 11" - then to "stretch" the page I used an inch wide ribbon and titled the work, "Weeping Willow," and used a poem by J.C. Hall. Here are some sneak peeks - you know I can't show you all of it until Duane receives it.....

Will show you more of the Salon des Cent paper bag book tomorrow..... I need to send a few "work emails" off to San Antonio! See you tomorrow - in the meantime - remember, "God danced the day you born" - oh yes she did..... OK, excuse me, I've been watching too many shows on the History Channel about the Goddess myths.... you know pagan and all of that stuff. Leave me alone on my own and you just never know what might happen and where my mind wanders toooo! Whoop, whoop... and no my nose does not wiggle....



5 comments:

Janet Ghio said...

Love that Santa in the swan sleigh!! Hanging out in pj's is always a good way to spend the day--too bad you had to be cleaning! Have fun in San Antonio!!

Terri said...

Marlynn, your tree is just beautiful! I can see you have been working hard getting ready for your next hospital adventure. I am holding you in my heart and hope for you the very best recovery.
Your new art work is so fab, I love the little bits you have shown us.
Hugs to you,
Terri

Unknown said...

I understand your need for speed, but goodness, you exhaust me with your efficiency! Daughter decided our tree would stay up until New Year's weekend (because she is too lazy to help take it down sooner...) It DOES look festive and since it's fake, desn't have needles falling, like our trees in the past. :)

Diane said...

Wow, I wish I had your energy--my house is still very much neglected. Your art is as beautiful as ever. I'm so glad that you're enjoying everything in your life.
Actually that's pretty much what we did on Christmas day..but after the morning activities, I couldn't leave the couch.
Enjoy your time in San Antonio--I wish I could get away from this snow already--we have only just begun here with winter, even though we've haven't seen any grass since the end of November!!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Your neighbor went all out on decorating this year. And I'm glad you are checking lots off your list. I hope you are taking it easy, though.

I know Duane is going to love this, and I can't wait to see the entire piece. I know it will be spectacular and I'm impressed you are already finished.

I'll be thinking good thoughts as you travel to San Antonio. You won't be far from Duane. You could have dropped it off as you flew over his home (grin). And I'll be watching for your return before you go back in for surgery.

Have a lovely day, dear.