Thursday, June 10, 2010

Lazing in the Honeysuckle Breeze this eve

Yes, it is true, I am lazing tonight and it feels cool! I have cut out images for the "left" side of the Asian pages in the Walls Notebook. I do love this book. Love the "back" statement on the book. Yesterday I gave you the link to Amazon on how you too can have your own walls to play and do with as you see fit.
Here are the images so far.... might add more, just don't know since I haven't started "building" the page,
On Saturday I am doing a workshop at The Queen's Ink in Savage, Maryland, by the author of this book, Collage Journeys is a fascinating book and I can't wait to meet Jane Davies. I will be taking a class called "Unbinding the Visual Journal" and we will be learning how to get over "The Blank Page" syndrome - I have that about every other day or especially, when a project ends! We are going to be making a visual journal that will involve creating random collages on unbound folios and then assembling them into a book. Gonna be fun - lasts all day! Woooo Hooooo. So tomorrow night I will be frantically getting my supply list together - last minute of course! I did stop at Angela's Happy Stamper at lunchtime today and picked up some Asian papers that might work in my pages on Saturday. The rub-ons are for the Walls Notebook page....

Tonight I am getting ready to go downstairs and read my latest purchase, The Green Craft magazine from Somerset. I have never looked at a copy before and am thinking it is going to be really good..... oh no.... another Stampington publication to get hooked on!

Have fun this evening! Gotta Go Read.... and hugs to all! xoxo

7 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I LOVE that magazine. It is chock full of great ideas for making recycled art. I can't wait to see the ideas they have on Junk Mail.

Have fun at your workshop. You are truly lucky to live in an area where you can attend good workshops. One of these days, you'll be teaching them, right in the Honeysuckles.

I'm off to get ready to cheer for the LAKERS.

~*~Patty said...

ooo a trip to The Queen's Ink is always fun, can't wait to hear all about your class!!!

Love your Asian images ... that is going to be a fun wall I'm sure!

Stay Cool Jewel!
oxo

Diane said...

I wanna go too!! Jane Davies is one of my favorite artists. I'm going in a couple of weeks to visit my son in NYC,and the name of that store was The Stamp Pad right? I told him at the time you told me a few months ago, and he looked it up and it's actually not too far from where he lives. (by not too far, I'm thinking about 5-10 blocks away--city blocks too--oh well, I need the exercise)

Debby said...

I love that lazing feeling. Great mags and fun pages. Have a great time at your workshop. Geesh, you are hard to keep up with...LOL..
Hugs,
Debby

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Hey there dear friend. I've given you an award. Please check my blog for details.

Mom2fur said...

That magazine looks like fun!
BTW, how's the crochet going? Please don't give up on it. It's one of my favorite hobbies and it can be fun if you give yourself the time. Maybe you should start with something really easy, like a simple dishcloth--there's a gazillion patterns for them on line (free!). Or you could just chain about 21 stitches and do a simple single crochet back and forth. It will help you get the 'feel' of the hook.
What you do is chain 21, but when you start to single crochet, you want to start in the second chain from the hook. I don't know if your book told you this, but--you never count the chain on the hook! Maybe that is why your turning chain is giving you trouble?
When you get to the end of your first row, you'll do an extra chain, then turn around. Again, not counting the chain on the hook, you do your first single crochet on the second chain.
Just go back and forth like that until the dishcloth is the size you like. Oh! And you want cotton yarn, like "Sugar and Cream." It's readily available, pretty and cheap.
Have fun and I hope my little 'tutorial' helps you!

Unknown said...

I Have this magazine and Its super

Love Dawn xx