Sunday, October 4, 2009

Sneaks for all my friends in the Honeysuckles


Alice is finished. Instructions typed and ready to go with her. I told you yesterday I would show you some sneak previews. Only bits and pieces. Alice is a little freaky kid. You know the kid that lived down the block from you that you knew something was wrong. Really wrong! I love the rusty nail picked up in my parking lot and used on the cover.


The nail seems to go right down the rabbits back.....


Field Notes is Chapter one and shows how the young girl went wild.....



Chapter two lies under the "censored" tab and shows what can happen to one bunny and a recipe for rabbit stew...


Evidence is chapter three and involves the girl gone wild in a cat fight....


And passion is our Carnaval scene where life can be anything but dull in our Wonderland.



And the final end..... is one little lost girl who probably never made it back home...... and lives forever in a Wonderland of her own making...


A little spooky but oh so fun. However, I have to admit the most angst I felt was when I tried to use the metal book binder clips and decorate with ribbons. The tissue paper that was applied with gel medium became a little brittle and the metal book binders were starting to rip the paper. YIKES. So instead I used a simple ribbon to thread thru the book and settle with that. If it get published, that will be great. However, this like my Marie booklet they plan to publish this winter was so much fun to create it doesn't matter if it makes the grade or not. That is the best art to create!




5 comments:

LouiseS said...

Congratulations on finishing. Can't wait to see the finished project in a Sommerset publication.

forcryeye said...

So awesome! I know that child down the road that is a little off. There are plenty of them for sure, most of them aren't as cute as Alice though. Congrats, and i hope it does get published!!! xoxo

michelle ward said...

hey doll - checking in on you after a spell and love the little clues you've given us with your book. having seen your work in real life i can imagine it is filled with all kinds of clever details. congrats! see you soon :)

Lindart said...

Love the sneak peaks! I can't wait to see the whole thing! This looks like it will be one AWESOME book!

~*~Magpie's Nestw said...

wonderful teaser pics M! looks fabulous! can't wait to see it in print!