Saturday, October 17, 2009

Rain in the Honeysuckles

Yes, still raining and raining and.... has been since Thursday and I think we will still have another good soaking tomorrow before it let's up on Monday. So for this rainy Saturday I had the pleasure of spending some time with a high school girlfriend. We met in the 10th grade and are still friends today. Two years ago, Pam and I, along with her sister and another friend, wandered into spooky ghostly Lizzie Borden Bed and Breakfast. The photo to your left is us in the Borden kitchen with our wonderful cook, Dave, who has been the cook for breakfast for years and years! We then headed up to Salem to see all of the witches! It was such a fun late October trip. It was great catching up with Pam. We still watch the same shows without even corresponding about them. It is so weird. We have plenty of weird odd stories between us. I'll tell you the ghost story some day as we get closer to Halloween. The year - 1968. The town - Oklahoma City. The time - midnight. The next trip we are planning is to Gettysburg where ghosts abound.

When I eventually got back home, I proceeded to put my nose to the grindstone and finish all 12 ATC cards for our November swap in Baltimore with the CraftChixs. Love my group! One of my inspirational books for ATCs is this one:


One reason I like it is because it basically just shows the cards and most are rubber stamped. Yes, images, images and more images. I always think I am ATC-handicapped and have never enjoyed working in the medium. Don't know why, yes, it is all in my head. I love jumping over to The Magpie's Nest where she does incredible ATCs, postcards, inchies, twinchies, and whatever. Makes me sick.... know it doesn't - it does inspire also. I laid out the plan for my ATCs about a month ago and have been cutting out all the little pieces. I just have trouble knowing, yes you can, just do one ATC and copy it...... Just can't do it. I have to do originals...... ok, I don't do it often, LOL.


Yes, 12 bats, 12 butterflies, 12 vamps, 12 little bats, and 12 backgrounds. These images are from down loadable digital clip art from Digital Collage Sheets. All when put together comes out eventually in a card titled "Suck"......



Well, since it was on black card stock, that presented an interesting problem for the back of the card. I had to go on the hunt for white ink and luckily I found it in my stash. So I began to stamp 12 backs to glue onto the back of the card. NOPE, I did not want the trauma of trying to stamp it and center it just right (I'm so ODC or something like those initials) on the back. Better to stamp, cut, glue, and fill out!

So, that was my day! Time for a cup of decaf, turn on a scary movie, and unwind. I will sleep well tonight with the rain pattering on the window. I'm yawning already. You all have a good evening and stay warm!
xoxo

No comments: