Thursday, October 29, 2009

More for me than you! LOL

I just have to post what I did last night to the ornaments. You note "to the" little round circles. They are becoming the bane of my existence at the moment. Moved the sewing machine downstairs to dining room table. Knew it would be stressful and needed the comforts of the downstairs, recliners, kitchen, cheese, etc. Got the little buggers sewed into "circles" - please note "circles" is a relative term in my sewing world.


Got them stuffed and seven of them whipped stitched together. Kept the first one for myself, it was a pretty poor example of an ornament and had to sew it twice. OH NO, forgot to leave the opening to pull it from outside to inside. AND, now, on my check-list, go to Michaels and buy little ornaments made by Taiwanese ladies to give with mine. Is this a defeatist attitude. Maybe. But I feel better already!


Thinking of attaching the hook with a button to the back - we will see later this weekend if this will work. Playing tennis the next two nights!



4 comments:

Annette said...

We have done ornaments for the tree every year and this year is the first we are NOT doing any. Last year Heather and her girlfriend strung lights on the houseplants and we loved one so much that we just left them up all year long. This year that house tree will be our Christmas tree, but it has no place to hang ornaments, so we are just leaving them down for a year. On the other hand the 60+ stockings we have will probably go up on the walls. I got carried away with making them every year...

Marlynn said...

Dear Cousin, 60 + stockings. OMG, I bet they are beautiful and have a lotz of love in them as you created them each year. xoxo.

~*~Magpie's Nest said...

circles ARE challenging ... your ornies look great M ... had to giggle at all the things you needed to be close to ... cheese ...I so get that :)
oxo

forcryeye said...

You have gone to Christmas, and Hallowee is't over!?! Are you still wearing your costume? Does this mean I should be working on Christmas too? Lordy...I need a nap.