Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Be afraid..... be very afraid.... into the night the honeysuckles. . .


The honeysuckles are in bloom in the midnight waning moon. The harvest moon glows brightly in the night sky over Northern Virginia. This little witchey is getting ready for a board meeting at the office. Ho hummers, boys and girls, after 30 years it should be routine and it mostly is, however, we have never had them (AKA board) at the office this close to Halloween. The office is draped in its musty dusty dungeon decorations. We are truly ready for the big day soon (the big day being Halloween not the coming of the Board of Directors this Friday)!

Gertrude (remember my executive assistant) has already moved into the board room to take the minutes of the meeting. Harley donned a witch's hat and joined in the fun. OK you can stop snickering about now. You can call me giddy and yes, I did get the over-100 page electronic board book out to them. Giddy, you betcha, boys and girls. Very giddy.......and a little insane, so what else is new? On November 12, I will have been working for this non-profit for 30 years..... I was brought here from Oklahoma City to interview for the job in the middle of October. The middle of October is spectacular in this part of the world. Check out the view from the office parking lot:


And so, I ended up in Reston, Virginia, 30 years ago.

Meanwhile, back at the office, the munchkins are running rampant in the middle of the night spreading good cheer to all and to all a good night! I know a little abrupt but I wanted to get something posted before I headed out to dinner with my team tennis buddies tonight. Team tennis is over for now. Autumn and winter are approaching...... I will try to post you a little something of the stuff I have been creating.... yes I have, I really really have. ; ]



3 comments:

Terri said...

Marlynn, is that you??? You make a fab witch! Is that snow white behind you?
It looks like you are having lots of fun!

~*~Magpie's Nest said...

Well you certainly have the spirit Ms M!!!
That devil hovering above the room is amazing!
And WHO is that witch exactly???
Really fun time of year in your neck of the woods for certain!
You go Ghoul ... Muahahaaaa

Marlynn said...

Yes, boys and girls, that would be me in another incarnation known as "Hexe the Incorrigible" : ) Terri that would also be Snow behind me.... good eyes.