Monday, October 26, 2009

I'm Baccckkkkk in the Breeze

OK, I wasn't gone, really, but I did work all weekend..... and made it--Whopeee. Oh, yeah, have to the minutes. Ugh. I'll let Gertrude do it. She was a hit, so to speak... Well, I've almost accomplished one goal I made a week ago. Get four more Xmas ornaments done for my Craft Chix weekend swap - have to make it to 14 by November something I think 13!



Last night I finished two of the "Joy" and am now working on the final two called "Merry Christmas." Then I will need to sew backing material to them, stuff, put a ribbon at the top, and make an ornament. Not in a panic. I can get it done by next Saturday. Still two weeks to go. Of course, uh -- then come the recipe cards..... 13 of those to make.

I did get some items in my travel book on my Wisconsin trip:


Michelle Ward created the wonderful Madonna! I did add the Cheese netting or was that the turkey? Also got a page of "The Life of O'Riley Farm" on another page.

AND last but not least, of course, we are coming up to my favorite day all year long..... did you guess? huh??? huh?? Yes, Halloween. Pulling out the costume I think I will wear this year. The Vampire Bride:


I have to admit this is not new. I wore this costume in 2004 - hey, 5 years ago and I am going to trust it still fits. We will see - Friday morning, of course. Why plan ahead. Okie Dokie, need to run and sew on my last two Xmas ornaments. Have a great Monday evening.

2 comments:

Terri said...

Woohoooo Marlynn! You make an awesome vampire bride!!!

I love to see you being creative in so many different ways.
Your Madonna is precious!
I can't wait to see more of your work with her.
Will we get to see a pic of your finished ornaments too?

~*~Magpie's Nest said...

The vampire bride, much too good not to give another whirl or two to that great costume!
So much eye candy and you stitch too!!!
Have a great Hallowe'en
Muahahaaaaa!