Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Rainy Rainy in the Honeysuckle Breeze


You know, I do love the rain...... but when I wake up at 4:45 am having to drive on a very busy highway to take my new girl (the Chrysler) to get some warranty work done in Woodbridge, it is not pretty. Not at all. For those not familiar to our lovely area - I 495 to 95 S thru the Springfield Mixing Bowl on any normal day is not fun. Add a hard rain in the early morning and it is next to impossible. AND I decided to stay at the dealer until the work was done. To try to drive back to work would have taken over 2 hours going to the north toward Washington, DC, so why not sit and read a book. Really getting into True Vision: Authentic Art Journaling by L.K. Ludwig (photo courtesy of Amazon, yes I am lazy and didn't want to take a photo of my own book which is downstairs.... long day). And this morning was a good day to get ideas, especially when they told me the wrong part was ordered! BUT, they agreed to fix the outside mirror and gave me a free rental for three days and suggested I take the car for warranty work to an authorized Chrysler dealer closer to my home. I smiled and left in a new Nissan Sentra.


Speaking of journaling, I had fun with a page on Sunday night in my gratitude journal. I had finished posting in it and BAM - turned on the Tony's just in time to see one of my favorite and most beloved actresses win her 5th Tony. Angela Lansbury is so special. An exceptional actress. I got to meet her one time many years ago and before her "Murder She Wrote" series. I also was able to see her in a revival of MAME in NYC in 1983. WOW! I happen to have a cutout from an ad for PaperWhimsy and the page was born while I was watching the show! I have to admit that I did not realize she was on Broadway right now in Blythe Spirit. Yup, I was in that play years ago. A fun fun play.


Played tennis last night and if it doesn't rain will play tomorrow night. I need to write in the my gratitude journal in a few minutes.... yes, I am yawning and we have the Deadliest Catch on tonight.... I am yawning again. Will be an early night tonight after such an early morning. I need to read a few more pages in True Vision. Have a great evening and stay dry and safe if it is storming in your area. I hope my little slick gray girl is doing OK away from me. I don't really think she was well taken care on the car lot all these past months. I think she was ignored and she got scratches and no one loved her. Hmmmmmm. She will be home soon.

No comments: