Sunday, June 28, 2009

Layer Love Paint Workshop in the Breeze

I signed up for Julie Prichard's Layer Love workshop a while back. I managed not to do any of the nine lessons until it was over BUT bless Julie.... she told us all not to feel pressured and we had a whole year to get this done. Love the girl! As with anything I do, yes, I go all the way. Bought my supplies a long time ago, even bought an easel. The only problem is I had to figure out how to put it together..... uh oh.... OK, here we go....


Well, eventually I did get it put together and I had no excuse except to start viewing Lesson 1 and Lesson 1b.



Gotta admit it looks cute, and clean, no paint smudges..... you should see it now. Yes, it did have its baptism. OK here we go....



So, I did do lesson # 1. I did two "pages" and then created a piece with one that I cut up..... love those scissors.... The first one above is a "little" too gold in the center - it is darker in real life. I still like it and love the "paint" drips. Julie is teaching me to "layer" - be patient and let paint dry then layer again - be patient - add depth - be patient...... On to second page creation....


The one above was my first shot at it - all three paint brush strokes -- yup, I then gave upon it and went to the larger piece. After I finished the larger piece I picked this one back up and just "played" with abandon. I, at last, was confident enough that I couldn't really mess it up. Nope, it was mine... So, I ventured and cut it up:



I added ribbon and stuff. The "legs" is a work I did several years ago. It was my first attempt at using Polymer Clay. I did a number of "stamps" which I have not used in any projects - I just move them around on my workspace and then find them again...... Since the piece was so dark I added it to a piece of sheet music and will use it in a future project. In real life you can see the red paint and the texture...



Paint everywhere.....


Time for a bubble bath! It was a GREAT Sunday!!

1 comment:

Debby said...

LOL...can't believe you didn't do one lesson, bad girl!! Really like what you created now that you got started.
debby