Saturday, June 13, 2009

Another PaperWhimsy Challenge


I really loved the poem this time around. "Moonlight Falls" .....

"When moonlight falls on the water

It is like fingers touching the chords of a harp

On a misty day."


Oh, Hilda Conkling could write a poem. Her imagery is beautiful. She was a child when she wrote these poems. Dear Gale over at PaperWhimsy is providing some breath-taking images to work with. This time we had to use something that evoked moonlight, something that suggested music, a word or phrase from the poem, a pocket with words that you personally love to hear, an image from a previous challenge, and one other PaperWhimsy image from my stash.



I used sparkly things coming from the moon's eyes that to me represented moonlight. The music - I took the easy out and used a piece of "old" french music I had in my stash. In my lace pocket I used three words: heritage, memory, and forever. On the Poem page I used the word bygone. I was able to use my last "silver" moon and a metal tag that said "imagine."


Enjoy.....

3 comments:

Debby said...

Oh how I love this piece, so beautiful. The colors are gorgeous also.
Debby

~*~Magpie's Nest said...

oooo this piece is exquisite M! I adore every detail!
~*~ Patty

Terri said...

Absolutely beatutiful! I didn't get a chance yet to do this one. Your collage is so inspiring, now I want to do it too!