Sunday, April 19, 2009

What I'm Working On.......


First of all before we go into a dialogue on what I'm working on..... I have to let you know that my little puppy nephew, Oliver, has his own blog known as "It's All About The Little White Dog." I can't believe it! He is absolutely just like so talented. And I am not just another doting auntie. I am Auntie M! Had I been home yesterday instead of with my bud Claudine, Oliver would have come over for the day. But he will be over soon. In the meantime......

Over at PaperWhimsy, I have started a new venture in addition to the Quote Challenge. A Rolodex card trade. I love my Rolodex since one my favorite artist and friend, Korie, got me started on it a year or so ago (time goes so fast it could have been two years ago). She has posted our efforts throughout the adventure on her blog under Rolodex cards. You can see some over there on her We Will Always Have Paris blog.

Back to PaperWhimsy (again), the theme is alphabet cards and we have to 1) include a letter; 2) do both sides of the card with side two being upside down; 3) use one PaperWhimsy image; 4) any of the other PW ribbons, flowers, small mirrors, etc; and 5) use nothing bulky. Side two also should have "artist" information... I guess that would be me.

Today after tennis, I started my very first one and am using a PaperWhimsy background in purple. This is a digisheet from PW and I have it printed both on card stock and vellum. I learned the other night NEVER like NEVER use gel matte with vellum. OH NO. It was ugly. The card below is not a completed work since I am waiting on an order from PW and a few elements from a friend I met online at PW. I would like to add either a ribbon or flower. I selected the letter "D" using another PW digisheet and an image with a doll. (It was going to be D = door but I couldn't get into that...)



On the back side I decided to add my "avatar" I use over at PW. I love her. I then signed my name at the bottom and used a dictionary page defining doll. I will also probably add one more element to this side, not sure what at the moment.


I have signed up to do four cards/letters and this is my first creation. I think I may want to keep a look and am holding back on cluttering these with too much stuff which is my tendency. The slogan "Keep It Simple Stupid" was meant for me. Oh yes it was! That is such a challenge for me in my art work and I am hoping this trade will help me practice the KISS principle.

1 comment:

forcryeye said...

You have a constant stream of creativity flowing out of you! Love the purple!