Saturday, April 11, 2009

Honeysuckle Breeze is ducting

Today - mostly all day - spring cleaning took on the chore of having the air ducts cleaned. "We" (me and me) found out last week we were going to have to get a new cooling coil which means taking the furnace out, ya da ya da, ya da..... condos are fun! And, the furnace and coil were put in the condo when built in 1994. Guess they lasted. The furnace is OK but at that age and you have to take it out, put it back in, just as easy to buy a new one. SO, they wanted to clean the ducts today before the Monday measuring and the Wednesday install. Life is fun. Why not move on to one of my favorite subjects: Murder.....



And on top of all of that I managed to get some things completed. I finished the fourth page of the "murder page" in the arch book. It took a while to come together because I wanted to use my "Jack the Ripper" guy in the whore house. But it wasn't working and I had to accept it. I like the way the pages are coming along, hope you do too.





However, I did find a use for Jack the Ripper -- in the Off the Walls Notebook. I added him to a page and will work on it later. He works, he works.....



And now boys and girls, I will show you what I have been doing to the cover. Not sure if it is finished but here it is today. I have used one stamp I purchased from Michelle Ward. I also had tried using acrylic paint on some stamps but it was too smeary and I had to just wipe it off but I like the residue it left.



This cover is called Off the Walls because of the photo i used from my 2008 MikWright wall calendar. I love this group. They have taken our old family photos and worked miracles with journaling that has me in hysterics. They are using photos that I am sure I gave away or tossed thinking I would never use them. Who knew.... Anyway my "Miss Off" photo reminds me of someone I might or might not work with. I will leave you guessing on that one. She is the embodiment of the "everyday" co-worker everyone reading this will know. There is one in every office across the world - what the hey, across the universe! Only thing I can say is "You go you Miss B-Type Personality! Always know in your heart that it drives us A-Types not only up the wall but over it!" Does anyone have a cupcake?

No comments: