Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Honeysuckle Breeze Fun Stuff


Haven't shown you surprise stuff arriving on my doorstep lately and so why not now!

One of my fun purchases recently was the Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher. I mean TINY staples here - .25". Tim calls it "a hand-powered, clamping tool for fastening or affixing things together with miniature wire staples." It is so easy to use. Trust me. You can visit Tim for demo and product ideas here. OK, forgive me, it does look like a flying skunk to me..... so cute!



If you regularly read this blog, you know I have been working on my "Off the Walls Notebook" (which Michelle Ward lured me into buying with a post on her blog). A week or so ago, I had to purchase her GPP-007 Surfacing stamps. These are like so perfect for this notebook. I have managed to get the stamps all cut out and mounted.



On Michelle's Street Team Crusades challenge this month, we are teased with the title -- "Cat Got Your Tongue." This all leads to "words" and "journaling" and all I can think about is my Walls Notebook and am now creating a page for this challenge in this notebook using my new stamps. One of my favorite stamps in this grouping is "IF these walls could talk..." For a peek at all of her stamps go to GPP (Green Pepper Press) to view. You will also see that she has created a half sheet of some great stamps (GPP-029). This is a fundraiser to help one of our artist friends who participates in these Challenges. Half of the proceeds will go to the Long family who lost everything in their home to fire.


OK, let's move on to all things French!


(1) First off is my purchase from e-bay and I admit that I paid way, way, way too much for these 1952 Vis-Ed French Vocabulary Cards. But there are 1000 of them.... And you know what happens when you get sucked into a bidding war - whew - I got it, OK, way too much, but . . .


(2) Secondly, the Marie publication from Stampington arrived. OMG - this is so out of this world gorgeous. I did submit two submissions last November and neither made it into the pub.... but such decadence appears within these covers..... AND, my artwork has not been returned to me yet so who knows - there is still hope -- and if not, that will be OK. I loved the two creations I submitted and I won't be disappointed although I will write a "Thanks, but No Thanks" post on it and show you the works.

(3) Lastly, my all time favorite cookies from Starbucks. Perfect day for them. In fact any day is a perfect day for them. Why not sit down and have a cup of coffee with me!


Have a good day! Signing off from Honeysuckle Breeze.

3 comments:

michelle ward said...

M - thanks for the shout-out for the Hot Topic stamps. We are really rocking the numbers for Paula and her family!

Korie B. said...

I would love to share some light & airy madelines with you. I can't get enough of them... and the lemon pound cake.

Sorry you didn't make the Marie publication. I love your art and can't wait to see if your submissions make it into a future magazine. You never know....

forcryeye said...

Thank you for spreading the word about the stamps! Holy cow, I hadn't seen that attacher...and I am all about Tim...even took a class with him once! And the Marie pub...had NO IDEA! Wow. the cookies look delicious, I will give you one with your tea! AND...aren't Michelle's stamps THE BEST!!!