Sunday, April 5, 2009

Paper Whimsy Quote # 4


Here we are in the land of Honeysuckle Breeze just after finishing laying out the Land of Nod. This poem from Hilda Conkling is not only fun but mysterious. Some of the phrases so beautiful like these:

"With sleeping doves and silvery girls,"

"Sleeping boys and drowsy roses."

"And trees with folded wings."

Upstairs here, it is nice and cool and sunny outside, I'm ready for a nap right now! ! The challenge collage sheet provided by Gale Blair over at PaperWhimsy (PW) was so much fun this time. FUN -- and I will say it again -- FUN! I loved the moon and chocked when the challenge called for using the "fish" from quote challenge # 1. That fish and I don't see eye to eye - I would rather see him baking!


So challenge lines were drawn. OK, Gale, here we go. We had to use a moon, a rose, a silver thingee, a winged thing, the fish, a 3-D item, an image purchased from PW, and a phrase from the poem. OK. I can do this and so I started out on my quest in the Land of Nod.


I also used several bits and pieces (pulled off the page) from my recent work on my "murder" arch booklet - Mama and the Girls - and the bits and pieces had the words "Poets" and "Poem" in them. Yea. As has been my habit in the last three challenges, I also printed out the collage page on dictionary pages. A number of the 3-D items were from the Tim Holtz Sprocket Gears, an internal part from a watch, and a star eyelet used in one eye of Mr. Moon.

The fish presented a problem. Where were the fish in the land of Nod??? After I selected my PaperWhimsy image (love these little ones) I decided they would also be my "winged" things. To the older sister I added butterfly wings and to the younger one I added fish tails printed on dictionary pages. Can you tell I'm oh so slowly lovin' that fish? (OK, use your imagination here!) So why not have the two sisters sleep walking over the fish, why not I say - it is the Land of Nod! After embracing the fish I added some "seaweed" - (imagination here folks!).


Now, moving on here -- we (my muse and me) took on the moon. I love the tattoo swirls on this image. Yes I still had no idea where I was adding a rose until I got into my Jolee stash and there were the hats! Okey Dokey - rose in hat, add some silver leaves, one star in the eye socket, and we are ready to go full force ahead.


The poem page has always been the least traumatic of the two pages in creating. (Yes, I am being a little over the hill, but hey, that's where I am right now here in Honeysuckle.) I decided to cut Mr. Moon in half and add a gear. Like it.


Hope you enjoyed our stroll in the Land of Nod in Honeysuckle Breeze. I loved this one even though I thought the fish and rose were gonna give me problems. At the last minute, it all came together and I so enjoyed creating these two pages.


2 comments:

forcryeye said...

It is just beautiful!

Sarah said...

Love your quote piece I am so loving these quote challenges

Hugs Sarah xx