Thursday, October 2, 2008

Thanks but no thanks......

I was going to title this post -- Rejection -- but I thought that word was a little harsh. When an artist puts themselves out there - yes, there is a chance that what you have to offer is not necessarily what someone might be looking for at that time. However, that does not mean you or your art work has been rejected. OH yes, it might feel that way but it is not. I have had cards published in Take Ten and Stampers Sampler. I love both of those magazines and I was lucky to have the first card I submitted published. Next time around I had a number of Holiday cards published in Stampers Sampler. I then had an envelope published which I was surprised about because I had forgotten all about of it.....that was nice.

A couple of years ago (I believe) may have been a year ago.... time flies when you are having fun. I submitted around 5 cards to a Take Ten challenge ... I thought they were pretty good and, of course, didn't think much about it. However, I have never really saw any cards published that did that specific challenge. Maybe I missed them but it really doesn't matter. I really enjoyed a few of them and plan to use the design again. I have been thinking about making cards and a cute card holder envelope for some Christmas gifts. Who knows, I may use one of these creations.

One of my favorite quotes has been, "God danced the day your were born." I have always loved it. I chose the dancing "beauties" since I really love these stamps. I was hoping to catch the joy of life in that card. The "Shaken not stirred" card was inspired by the "metal" S which I found out by my garbage container lying on the grounds. I knew it had a card in it. These stamps were created by Artfully Scribed and are no longer available. Some might be found at We Will Always Have Paris. You can always ask.

In closing, yup, I need to get ready for my crop trip tomorrow - I can't wait to go and spend time with girlfriends -- which was the inspiration for the card below.... Where does the time go? One of my best friends is Betsy. She and I have known each other since junior high and remain close today. She is the friend that you can pick up the phone and start the last conversation you had and it is as if the miles that separate you melt away. We will always be close no matter what life might throw at us. We will hold each other in our hearts and remember that Girlfriends Rule! The honeysuckle breeze is blowing. It is autumn cool tonight. The vice president debate is pretty interesting. Survivor was pretty good. I must say that my Dandy Randy did not drive me up the wall this week - CG is a wimp. How can someone in a challenge just stop and look all wounded and winded. Come on guy - this is Survivor. Get your game on. Project Runway made me a little mad last night without making a commitment to the three designers who will do runway shows at Bryant Park. Hey Heidi and crew - get some guts and make a decision. (Thank goodness America's Next Top Model is exciting!) I could have chosen the three to do the Bryant Park show - not a problem. Little pouty argumentative Kenley would not be in the running - no way!

No comments: