Sunday, October 19, 2008

Get Your Honeysuckle Butt Moving

Sunday morning, 10:35 am, still in PJs. Wow, such a treat because by this time i'm at my favorite Shoppers doing the shopping. This morning I took a leisurely hour to watch a show I recorded last Tuesday, The first part of a two-part finale for a soap opera (don't watch soaps anymore) I have never seen called Port Charles Nightshift (I think). The reason to record - some old friends returned like: Anna Devane, Robert Scorpio, Luke Spencer, Sean and Tiffany, Mac Scorpio.... 1985 was the year and I wasn't quite 40 yet - and the men were dreamy, sexy, and cute, and now - they look like me, grey and a few wrinkles. The second part is this coming Tuesday which I will record for old times sake. They showed portions of the 1985 shows when we were all young and fun ... and sexy... and whatever else we were. History is always rose scented in our feeble minds. I loved it, thank you ABC for rattling my past viewing habits and showing me that all of my soap friends has aged along with me.



Sunday morning, 10:40 am, still in PJs, and will now continue what I came here to post. About a year ago I bought a book called "Visual Chronicles." Seems I been buying a number of books on "artistic" journaling. Yes, I do journal and have for many years. Extreme art journaling has not been on my radar and so it intrigues me since my art is not necessarily what one would call "extreme." The book had a chapter on "prompts" that one can use when stuck for words, ideas, thoughts, etc. (my history sometime is to read the book, put in the bookshelf, rediscover the book, .....) I did do a "Get Going" tag book which includes prompt to help me when I get stuck and I do carry it with me when going to workshops and crops. I love it.

One of my favorite pages is my Mount Everest prompt which is for "inspiration, mysteries, adventures = God." Every time I look at that page I am awe struck by the majesty of Everest. If I were younger I would be trying to figure out how to save money and train for a climb up that mountain. I watch all of the Discovery Channel shows on the subject. A couple of years ago my brother and I tripped over the subject and he told me he would love to climb the mountain. Go figure -- we had never before discussed the subject yet here we sat both talking about the same dream. I won't even go there to try to think that one out.


Seems like some good topics for a week of blogging, huh? I need to finish my Marie book and get off in the mail to Somerset - I do feel another post of "Thanks but no Thanks" coming on. . . Nope, not in reference to Marie but to some Thanksgiving art I created a number of years ago. Yes, you will see my "no thanks" art work soon. Have a good week.
Robert Scorpio and Luke Spencer -- I still love you both. Robert probably more. I know you are out there just waiting for me to wander by into your reality.

No comments: