Sunday, October 5, 2008

Back from Oz in Hagerstown


Had a great weekend in Hagerstown with the girls "cropping" - it was fun, got caught up on everything, got some shopping in, and got one project almost completed. On Friday I gathered all items that I had set aside last week. Got the car packed and ready to go but something was nagging me. Like there didn't seem to be enough stuff packed in the car. Ran back up to the condo, back upstairs, AND there it was.... the all important little Black Bag which had the essentials in it. To forget that would have been dreadful. Don't know what saint of whatever was nagging me to go back into the home.... but THANK you!



It was a beautiful drive and got there in under an hour and a half. Made it in time to have lunch with two friends. Then I proceeded to unload the car, take stuff to hotel room and stuff to crop room. At this time you are so ready to get started. Then, of course, everyone wanted to go to the ribbon factory.... oh boy, a ribbon outlet. Just amazing, absolutely amazing.

Then back to crop room. Get started and start separating photos, rubber stamps, rub-ons and then it is time to eat. Like I said food was good, just didn't quite have it together. Back to crop room to start AT least getting one or two small pages done before turning in. All and all it always seems that there is never enough time to do everything you want. But it does slowly get done and progress is made. The creation process is always amazing to me. It is refreshing to walk around the room and see the other impressive layouts individuals are doing on their own projects. It is spirtual to sit in a room together with eveyone concentrating on the creation and not the end product.


I took two projects to work on: "Where I'm From" and "The Women who went Before" -- I almost finished "Where I'm From" and was pleased with that. I like the Remember/Play page and here it is in the beginning and what finally ended up as the completed page. It is a story about a young girl at Christmas time with her dog and new doll. I remember that doll and still have her. I will still add a little bit more to some of the pages. Ribbons will be added to the ring binders holding the book together. What a great weekend. Am already looking forward to the next weekend get-a-way with this bunch of fun scrappers!

No comments: