Monday, October 20, 2008

Thanks but no thanks in my breezin' world


Just a quick post since it is like frickin' freezin' in Honeysuckle breezin' land this early early AM. Have to turn on the gas fireplace since I always refuse to turn on the heat until November 15. Remember stubborn is sometimes my middle name. Since it is cool outside and the Harvest moon will soon be peeking over the horizon, here is a couple of Thanksgiving rejects.... no, not rejects..... "no thanks" art work returned from my favorite place (same place as the first post on this subject). I do love them and I know there was absolutely more than hundreds of submissions for their "life" and "holiday" premier issues. and that's my story and i'm sticking to it like glue to paper!

OK, enough of whining, they kept the "girls" for almost a year so I guess there was a real good chance they might have made it in the recent "holiday" publication. The "girls" used one of my favorite stamps as did the clock above. It is a Stampers Anonymous stamp and I call her Gretchen. I sometimes name my stamps but she is so charmingly German that she had to have a German name. I made four of them for place settings at the Thanksgiving Dinner table and sent two off for consideration. Both gals came back no worse for the wear of the trip out West......

The great thing this weekend besides tennis --- TA DA..... I finished my Marie Antoinette booklet to mail off to Somerset/Stampington prior to the November 15 deadline. I was going to make a second one using the palette of black and white, but I am sucked dry of Marie ideas since this was the third booklet I did and trying to keep the looks different while using Michelle Ward's Marie zine stamps (on two of them) is a little "out of my realm of imagination" right now! I'm happy with the piece of art and will show you images after it: 1) gets published or 2) gets a "no thanks"......... Life is good in Honeysuckle Land right now. Need to run to work!


No comments: