Sunday, May 29, 2011

Woodlands in Xanadu...oh my


Good Sunday evening my Honeysuckle Peeps. Yes, I've been gone two weeks working on my purging talent. Tonight I want to show you X and W.  You will note that W does not have too much layering on it. It was one of the first of the Alphabet ATC cards in the series and was made out of the cover of a Bas Bleu catalogue. I just couldn't help myself when I saw it and thought of the woodlands and all the mysterious things that on go on....


X however was a pretty difficult letter and all I had in my mind was Xanadu - I have no idea where "ancestral voices" came from, however, I believe it may be from the poem. I had several Asian images and decided to go that route.


What have I been doing for two weeks? OMG - yes - OMG - I have been cleaning out my closet. I had clothes from 1997 and 2000 through 2011. Now, I know I am not planning on getting back down to the size I was in my way younger days - and someone else should find some use in them. They were all in good shape. In fact I still have the 1998 dress I bought to wear to my mother's funeral and still wear it to this day. What can I say.... but purge purge purge.



Finally finished it in two weekends and took a good 5 bags to Goodwill.


In the meantime, construction still goes on here at the condos. Larcy and Oliver, pup. came over today to help me take down screens that were damaged and the construction company plans on "rescreening" - See these 9 upper windows - we took down 8 screens! The top four are my two bedrooms and the lower five are kitchen and dining room..... and of course the patio railing....


Me, I plan on playing tennis tomorrow, and, of course, been watching the French Open.....


And then clean and purge in the Chest of Drawers - 5 drawers.....and counting.....


In the meantime, I have just been hanging out, feeling good, and right now sipping my coffee.  Have a good evening! Hugs and all that kind of stuff to you.

11 comments:

Janet Ghio said...

You have been busy!! Always feels good to get all that purging done!! I love the woodland couple!!

Dorthe said...

Hi Marlyn , you have worked hard, and I mean it.. it would be so hard for me desiding to throw wonderful clothes from so long ago- holding a story, and also a bit funny-comparing to what we wear now.-But I`m sure you feel good about it.
I love your Woodland piece so sweet.
Hugs,Dorthe

VC Internet Media said...

Thank you for a awesome article.You have given me some ideas and a different way to to write articles.

Thanks
Vc Internet Media
Website Marketing Strategy

Sherry said...

Cleaning and purging are good for the soul. Purge-a-palooza!!! LOL!!!

Love the W and X cards...each one unique and you just let the letter take you where it wanted to go!

Diane said...

I like that woodland couple too---they have that Marlynn touch :)
I LOVE to purge--I don't like taking the time, but when I do, I really enjoy it, and I always have a lot to get rid of too. I think my problem is that I run out and get more "stuff".

I hope you're enjoying your holiday weekend. It's actually sunny and hot here right now--feels great!

Createology said...

Congrats on your purging. Something I should do but won't and can't. X and W are very fun. Happy tennis playing...

Terri said...

I think you deserve a break! Your closet must look fab after removing 5 bags of clothes. My closet is so bad now I can hardly open the door...so I will be joining you in the energy of purging!
Thank you for sharing your cards, I just love them!
Hugs,
Terri

Dianne said...

if only I had your purging talents! I sooo need to do this too. you look terrific btw, hugs to you.

~*~Patty S said...

Way to go on clearing out...it is an ongoing process...isn't it!
We have been only going to the back door of the local church thrift to drop off goodies...paying no attention to the sale signs at the front of the store LOL

We went to closing on Mom's house yesterday...still lots of STUFF to sift thru...I think I will need to part with it in increments

Having a new face on your condo will be nice when its complete I'm sure!

Love your cards and the way your creative mind words Lady!

Stay Cool!
oxo

Unknown said...

You had me with the Dymo lettering! I LIKE those ATCs! I haven't made anything in like a MONTH and it's KILLING me!

I also miss you, so HAD to stop by!

You look GREAT in your tennis outfit! Good for you and your purging! It seems to be doing wonders for your figure (maybe deep cleaning will work for me too? LoL)

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'd be scared silly watching you take down screens. Those windows look dangerous to climb out of. I'm sure glad you had Larcy and Oliver to help. And I am impressed with your 5 bags of clothes going to the goodwill. Although some things may be horribly dated, some are probably tailored to last the test of time.

I'm also loving those two ATCs. I may have to start one of those alphabet sets. I can't seem to do much else these days.