Saturday, May 7, 2011

Letting Go of the Unnecessary

Yes, I know I disappeared after the Royal Wedding. After such a feast of Britannia, I had to come back to reality and then it was May 1.  May is my month to let go of the unnecessary! I did not join in on a swap with my  PaperWhismy friends because I need to focus on the unnecessary in my life - all month. You can call it spring cleaning but we are putting our nose to the grind stone and doing it.

I don't think there will be much "creating" in my art world this month. However, there are different degrees of creating in one's life when faced with throwing out the stuff. As many of you know, cleaning can be a spiritual experience of letting go. And my trip on this road started last Sunday. Ran into some close friends while grocery shopping and he remembered I asked if he would take out my glass shower "door" which I stubbed my toe on the runner two weeks before, and boy oh me oh my, it hurt. I wanted to be done with that shower door for a long time. It was cool when I moved into the condo in 1994 but it was not easy to keep clean. Trust me shower curtains are easier. Got it out and to the trash. Found me some new shower stuff - Ah - take me back to Paris....


 But first you have to take everything out of the bathroom - OK, I left the new shower curtain in.....


The shower curtain is from Burlington and some of the accessories from Michaels.  I started out with a clean bathroom - all the sunflower stuff was removed and mirror, floor, and bath scrubbed down.


 Curtain hung and then went searching for my own stuff to also use in the my bathroom.


I have had this vase painted by Mrs. Sam Hewell in 1929 since the early 70s. Love it and bring it out every once in a while. It was loved by her and by me....


I also hung one of the items I created several years ago -- it was published in Somerset. Loved designing her and now she can reside in the royal bath for a while.


A little floral arrangement on the door...... So right now I am tuckered out. Started the day out with cardio tennis way too early in this morning. Got Ghost Adventures playing in the background.... tennis match scheduled tomorrow with a tennis bud, BJ. And another room on the list to begin letting go of the unnecessary. I hope your Saturday was everything you wanted it to be. See ya tomorrow!


Excuse me while I go visit my Paris! LOL

9 comments:

Barb said...

Lovely bathroom you got there.... I like how you added some special thngs you already had.

Dianne said...

makeovers are fun, but a lot of work! hope you will relax a bit now...

Terri said...

Oooh I love your new bathroom theme! I love the shower curtain and I remember that piece of art work! It looks great in your room.
My art room needs a serious clean out. I hope I catch your clearing out bug!
Hugs,
Terri

Korie B. said...

Ooh la la! I love it!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

That vase is perfect in your new bath. I'm glad to see you are "letting go" and taking us along with you on the journey. Playing decorator is always a fun thing for you, I can tell!

Janet Ghio said...

Pretty bathroom! I love getting everything all cleaned out and spiffed up!!

Diane said...

Yes, love the look. We decided just yesterday to redo our whole bathroom--we've been talking about it for a couple of years--do you believe that? Our toilet is leaking now, so let's just do the bathroom once and for all--now I'm pretty excited and want it to be done.(not really looking forward to all the tearing up though)
Who is going to win Survivor?????
(and excited for a new Ghost Adventures next week)

Anonymous said...

Can I come over and use the bathroom? It's LOVELY...too pretty not to stay awhile in!

I'm not joining the swap either....there is SO much to do here in CO, too. The garden is starting to call my name and I have a ton of ideas on plantings this year. Plus my bike is calling me. It's been WAY too long! So for you it's tennis and me it's a bike. Whatever....it makes us happy and well-rounded, doesn't it!?

Have a great month of YOU and getting your priorities in order!

Many hugs
Jan

Lovey said...

Funover Fun! Love it! Happy Mother's Day!!!! Love, love, love You!!!