Saturday, May 14, 2011

Days can Run Away from Us

Have you lately been wondering where all  the days have gone? All of a sudden it is May 14 and you look back over your week and go "wow, when I turned around it was only Monday." Well, my week ran away from me. It seems the busier, with life, I am the quicker it scampers. The children at the condos had a chance for a beautiful day to chalk the sidewalks - it was a pleasant surprise early Monday morning. In a nutshell my week was:

5 full days of working at the job, Monday through Friday
1 business lunch with co-workers, Monday


2 tennis events, Monday and Thursday (sorry Barbara, I didn't tell you I was gonna use your photo)


1 cardio 45 minute stationary bike ride, Wednesday


2 workouts with trainers, Tuesday and Thursday


1 Virtual Board Meeting - preparing materials and taking minutes, Friday
And mindless TV (hello, Ghost Adventures, Survivor, Tennis Channel, Big Bang Theory)....


so far so good .... and then........  the siding to the condo was coming down and eventually going up.... some things falling off the walls while they hammered and  took old siding down and the Tyvec wrapping around


My once attractive patio, thank you very much, ended up in my dining and living room (remember I am trying to clean stuff out).... yes, photos say it better than anything.....




And finally, found out that a close co-worker was diagnosed with stage 1 breast cancer last week.  Good thing, they found it early in a mammogram, the lump is smaller than mine was, and it looks like her treatment will be exactly like mine. She contacted the same physician practice I used. I know she will be fine and I am trying to share with her all of my experiences and how absolutely (as shocking as this may sound but some of you were with me the whole time) easy it was to walk the path with friends, God, and family.


OK, I digressed but must have needed to share that with you. I don't like to do a blog post without showing you some of my art work, or a project I am working on, or something I have done in the past. So, while I am still trying to clean out the unnecessary in my life and condo, I am not creating art work. Last year I accomplished a feat I am proud of --26 ATC cards based on the alphabet. Those who have been long time followers of this blog, remember that venture from A to Z.


I will leave you tonight with my Z as my eyes are getting sleepy.... yawn....(and yes reruns of Ghost Adventures are on....)


das Zigeunerherz


Will be back soon, my honeysuckle peeps, thanks for hanging in there with me while I do my spring cleaning!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are one busy bee.......but that is a good thing, right?

Yes, the month is marching right along and a bit too fast for my taste. Our summer is short enough as it is!

I love THE BIG BANG THEORY. It is the only show that doesn't have a gun or death in it AND it makes me laugh OUT LOUD. Now THAT is a good thing in my book.

Rock on girl. You are amazing. And tell your friend I am sending my best hugs for her recovery. She has you as her inspiration, so how could it go any othe way?
I'd want you in MY corner, too!

Have a great weekend.

Hugs
Jan

Janet Ghio said...

I'm exhausted after hearing about your week!! So glad you will be there to help your friend along the path you just were on. She'll be lucky to benefit from your experience! harley is looking cute!!

Terri said...

Yes, busy, busy! I know what you mean!
No crafting though??? How can you survive???
I Love your alphabet series. It is really amazing and I enjoyed watching you progress through it.
I do hope that you will get your nest all sorted out and comfortable soon. I am doing some of the same at my house.
Blessings on your friends journey to healing. How wonderful that you can give her support while she goes through her treatment.

Diane said...

You're week was busy in a good way--you were able to do all good things. My week flew by too, but I'm not quite sure what I did ;)
Best wishes to your friend--she is going to have great support with you helping her.
Tonight's the night! Although, don't say anything, because I won't be watching it until tomorrow.

Julie Prichard said...

The days go by? Tell me about it..I used to be in my thirties...next thing I know I have balloons all over the place that say "oh no it's the big four oh"...

Get some extra Tyvek for art.....contact the HOA. :)

I will pray for your friend's comfort and piece of mind through all this....

xo

Oh..I almost forgot..you're volleying with one hand and your camera in the other?

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Wow, that balcony looks even worse than my porch, although yours is higher than mine. And I totally agree because I have much of my porch furniture in my living and dining room, too. So I hope yours doesn't take as long as mine has.

Sorry to hear about your friend and co=worker. I know you will help her get through this ordeal. I'm pulling for both of you. And I love the sidewalk chalk.

~*~Patty S said...

ah you and your gypsy heart!

it's so true about time...this year is almost a blur...sparkling in some spots and....well you know!

I am looking forward to the end of May when things calm down again...that is my hope at least...I miss creating...

sure is fun seeing what you've been up to lady!
Happy May (first typed Hammy by accident LOL)
oxo
p.s. I know you will be a great support and resource for your friend/coworker...healing blessings to all!

Lovey said...

Busy Busy You! Prayers for your friend and peace for your days of activities...Love and Hugs!