Sunday, May 15, 2011

Within and Without as the Breeze Blows


Yeti Lives within and without hiding in plain sight.

I remember when I started trying to figure out what I would do with the letter "Y" it was like a revelation and then Y was (huh?)..... Y not the Yeti. As I think back to last year I recall what a joy these 26 cards were to make.

It was finally a project I had decided to do (in my head) and stuck to it! So many times I have an idea in my mind but I never take that next step to start the creation and the idea floats away, sometimes, never to be recalled again.

These long ago forgotten creations are lost unless I make the move to write them down, and unhappily I don't most of the time. Maybe that should be a resolution for me.  Lord knows I make plenty of grocery box notebooks to have one to write it down in.


As the Yeti developed I was able to use a "tag" with a drawing of a garden "goyle" which I love and yes I bought the George Carruth creation. He is so wonderful and his creations, George not Yeti, are inspiration!


After layering my guy, I found the perfect eye wear - the rusty paper clip found in my trash area. The outside elements are wonderful on the metal clips.


When you venture into the forest deep, while fairies and gnomes flit about among the dew drops and dead leaves, remember, he has his eye on you.


And we have a whole 24 more to go.....OK, I can handle this "no creating" cleaning out period and so can you. Have a great evening. I am now getting ready - into my jammies - yes, early, but we have three hours of the Survivor Finale tonight.

This has been a red-letter day for my TV viewing. Two of my favorite tennis gals battled it out in the Rome finals and Maria Sharapova won the game. I really admire how she has battled back from her shoulder surgery and it is finally coming together for her. Her opponent was another great tennis player, Sam Stosur who battled back after dealing with a devastating case of  lime disease. She is a good player but Maria overpowered her at the Rome Masters. Yesterday in the semi-finals I noticed Sam's sunglasses, she is one of the very few players who wears them, however coming from Australia you can understand why she is in the habit, so to speak.


OK, I had to buy them.... a portion of the proceeds are going to the Young Survivor Coalition which is a non-profit organization focused on concerns and issues unique to young women fighting breast cancer. And on that note, my peep breezers, I am running upstairs to get in the jammies. Go Rob Go Rob - win Survivor.

12 comments:

Debby said...

How fun is this. Love what you done with "y". Also love the glasses.
Debby

Anonymous said...

Yeti has been 'spotted' here in CO!! Or so says my neighbor!

And nice glasses....they look pink. Not THAT is girly!!

I have on my jammies already ~ beat you!

Jan

Dorthe said...

Dear Marlynn,
Your Y piece is great, I love the Yeti figure, and all you done with him- I hope you had a wonderful evening in your jammies :)
Hugs,Dorthe

Janet Ghio said...

Boston Rob all the way!! Woo Hoo!!
Yeti--great creative idea for the letter Y! But the words were kind of scary--

Anonymous said...

yesh.

y not?

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Gotta love all those ATCs. I remember them from last year and couldn't believe how QUICKLY you made it through the entire series.

Also gotta love those sunglasses. They look very sleek.

Diane said...

Great creative mind as always--love those elements.
P.S. Can't believe it--Rob did it!! And Russell will be back--I hope! (I also hope Phillip will be back--can't believe I said that :)

~*~Patty S said...

Yeti...yike it a lot!
oxo

Annette said...

Uncle Jay was big in my belief of Sasquatch. I loved listening to his stories of the big guy.

Terri said...

I do not know how I missed this post!
I love "Y" and Yeti! I just saw a show about him the other day. A guy really believes he was chased by one. Hmmmmmm
Anyways, I was thinking about you and wondering how you are doing. So....how are you doing???
Hugs of Love,
Terri

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Just wanted to tell you how much I miss you. Seems like we both are not making any art lately.

Anonymous said...

Love the glasses too ... and what you've done with your artwork, as always. You go, Marlynn!!