Monday, July 12, 2010

The Gleaner in the Breeze

Yup, I had to do it. I HAD to finish off the page next to the crazy doll head and the 1997 magazine ad. See yesterday's post for more details.



Could have been around 2005 or 2006 I bought a Zine and loved it. Within the last year or so, I have begun cutting it up and using it in art work. I was curious enough to see if it was still around, and, to my surprise it is. You can find The Gleaner Zine and Sherylynne Carriveau by clicking on this link. I may have to buy one in "full color" wooo hooo.


I added some "flowers" from a thank you card and outlined them in a black felt pen. I also took a felt tip pen and "colored" her leaves, flowers, and lips. She was all in black and white. I really ended up liking this page. Added a metal piece to the upper right hand corner of the frame.


Just wanted to get one more post in since we are packing for our upcoming trip to Boston and I need to get back to it. Harley just can't wait to get back to Salem where we visited in late October 2007.

Words escape me - Harley did get into this and truely felt he was the life of the party,

What can I say, just another crazy doll or some girl he picked up thinking he was the life of the party?........ Will miss you and will take plenty of photos to use on the blog and in my art work!




8 comments:

LuLu Kellogg said...

LOVE it!! That doll head is wicked!

Have fun on your trip. You lucky gal!

LuLu♥

steph said...

Hi Marlynn, love these pages!! nice collage!!

Terri said...

I love your new flowery page! Great job on it.
Have a great time dear girl.
Hugs,
Terri

Janet Ghio said...

You and Harley have fun and try to keep him away from certain kinds of girls! (Scary)

Diane said...

Wonderful pages--both of them! I cannot wait for the vacation photos!

~*~Patty said...

great use of the zine and the greeting card flowers, those have a cool look to them

Love your doll with blacked out eyes and lace head piece! it's all good as our son would say :)

Boston ... I wanna come and ride in the swan boats and I don't even like boats ... OK I want to take pics of the swan boata ;)
Enjoy * Enjoy you gadabout!
oxo

Sugar Lump Studios said...

Love your collage Marlynn! It looks like Harley is having a grand time and hope you are also! Stay cool! :)

Debby said...

Hi Sweetie, looks like you are off and travelling. I am loving all the new pics on your blog. Have a great time.
Hugs,
Debby