Saturday, July 10, 2010

The Doll House in the Honeysuckles

Seems like forever since I posted. The week sped by very quickly. If you remember I was teasing you with the "dolls" and I did get their wall page done.....

And, team tennis was fun on Wednesday evening and then the week was gone. Oliver went home at noon time today. He was so happy to see his daddy.... Right after this photo was taken we went out to eat lunch. Let's just say he is one happy pup. This morning we had glorious rain - we so needed it and I was able o work on the "doll house" or "chucky lives" - Ahhhh, this was one fun page to work on.....


The before:


Yup, I started by cutting out some bricks and then putting the doll heads behind the page and started building that way. I bought the Kokopelli in a bunch of stuff at my last CraftChix outing. I knew I would find just the right place to use him.

Used one of my "found" parking lot metal items on the page:

Added some metal letters and another rusty item of mine placed around the doll's eye....


I really have to admit how much I love these doll's heads. If you are so inclined, you can find them over at Digital Collage.
The bird coming out of the window was a last minute image added when I saw it on some Alpha Stamps collage sheet I purchased recently. I couldn't pass it up..... Well, I do need to make a cup of coffee and then visit my buds at their blogs. You have a great rest of the day!


3 comments:

~*~Patty said...

very cool creepy doll wall ... the lace at the top gives a nice yin/yang look to your collage

the eyes at the bottom are my fav ... well the bird that pecked the dolls eye out is a close second LOL made that up ... you are getting me in the creepy mood here LOL

wasn't the rain nice ... we got almost an inch ... sure did need it on our parched earth!
oxo

Julie Prichard said...

DIG the heads, Marlynn. Dig!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Chucky never looked so good. The spread made me laugh. And Kokopelli is one of my favorite images.

So is Oliver glad to be home, or sorry he can't stay? Is Harley glad to have you back to himself? Curious minds want to know (grin).