Sunday, July 11, 2010

DIY in the Breeze OMG

YIKES -- the Geisha Page, OH no, OH no...... splitting - more horrible than splitting hair ends, more heartbreaking than split nails, . . . YIKES...

After finishing the "Chucky Lives" creation in the "Off the Walls Notebook," I noticed that some of the signatures were starting to "split" apart. Not sure why, but imagine it is the way I have been creating the pages. I do not need pages to start "falling" out of the book since I cannot take this book apart and rebind. SO, today we have done a little DIY in the Honeysuckles. Got the masking tape out,

and began identifying where the problems were and then laid the tape down before I did another layout. Had to put something over this page which is the back on one of the "doll" pages:

What this meant is I had to cover all of the back of the page and it just wasn't possible to glue two pages together and cause strain on a signature. So I found a February 1997 "Shape" magazine and ripped out an ad from it t use as the background.

I love this quote on this page: Energy escapes the body in the form of shivers. Who knew. Well, guess they did, and, of course, I have never met a scary doll head I didn't like and had one left over.

YES, boys and girls, I was using left over items on my table. To me this just screams, KISS ME, sucker. OK, never mind, we won't go there. Just pucker up.

Don't have a clue where I picked up the "regression" card - but love it: "A depression is sometimes called a regression." Hmmm, I never called depression a recession but I know some recessions that cause depression. Duh..... And then I went to the mall. There is no correlation between the mall and depression or recession. I am HELPING the recession. Found this little lovely from Brighton


on sale at 30% off:

It is called the Brighton Tiki Tile Wheeled Weekender. OK, I going for a little bit longer than a weekend to Boston this week to meet up with my good friends Ron and Betsy who live in Oklahoma City. Betsy and I have been BFFs since the 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, -

you get the idea.... here we were at the Louvre..... (oh yea, Harley was there too....)


I will be hanging out with her while hubby attends a convention and then on Saturday we will all head to Salem.

Oh yes. Love witches. Have a good eve! Cackle, Cackle, Cackle.....

5 comments:

Terri said...

Your post has a little bit of everything. Love the scary doll page (even though I don't like *scary dolls*), especially the regression card.
And I have to ask...what is a signature? So sorry your pages are having issues.
I hope that your trip to Boston goes very well with your friends. I've never been there, but plan to one day. And then Salem? How fun! I have never been there either, but will one day too.
Funny enough, witches don't bother me....just scary doll heads : )
I hope you are well, and having a great weekend.
Hugs,
Terri

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I got sidetracked and not by scary doll heads. Sorry I'm late getting here. You know how life sometimes gets in the way of internet friends. I hate yard work, would rather be inside under the AC, but Bleubeard isn't going to mow the lawn, and Harley won't fly out to do it, either, so I had to. Even Wendy hid in the cool craft room.

I have used HVAC tape to repair signatures. It works well. Never tried masking tape. I hope it works. I also notice that once one set of signatures starts to pull away, others weaken and tend to loosen, too. So, be mindful of them as you continue to work in this really fun book. Your repair job looks really great, though. Gotta love that scary doll head.

Hope Oliver is adjusting to being back home and not pampered by Auntie Marlynn.

Diane said...

I love, love, your scary doll/chucky page!! And I loved Boston too--Salem was my favorite part of that vacation a couple of years ago--aside from all the witchy stuff--it's a great town!

Diane said...

P.S. Have a fun vacation--I'm sure that won't be a problem :)

~*~Patty said...

Harley REALLY gets around!!!
what a merry trip you are on, the one before leaving for Boston that is heehee!

good luck on your signature mending ... I am excited about your Boston trip!
oxo