Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Surprise!


Can't believe it but I finally broke down and managed to create my blog. I have had a few who have been encouraging me to do this. Thank you Missy Michelle Ward (on right in photo) -- *applause* *applause* -- now I can participate in her "Crusades" on her Street Team blog. Love that artist! I had the wonderful opportunity to take a workshop she did in Wisconsin this past spring called "The Painted Page." What a great few days at a wonderful retreat, Valley Ridge Art Studio. Kathy and Bill were the greatest hosts. Michelle's blog has been an inspiration to many individuals around the world. If you haven't checked it out -- you need to. You can find her at http://michelleward.typepad.com/michelleward/ -- She was one of the first blogs I started reading and was totally amazed with her art work. I ordered a "house" kit from her, got all excited, laid out pages, and, never finished it. However, this little honeysuckle Okie girl is gonna finish it and will show it right here!

Digressing here: I have tried to get published in Somerset Studio magazine for a number of years but have not had the type of art work they were looking for. I have had a cards published in Take Ten and Stampers Sampler but Somerset was the big goal, the big dream, the big whatever. When Stampers announced their turquoise challenge last year I thought -- why not - I will do a "bag book" and submit. Well (do you know where this is going?), Stampers mailed their summer magazine out in June with all the turquoise stuff in it BUT not mine. Yes, I kept waiting to hear that it would be published. Nothing like having a little faith - oh yeah. At that point, I decided to retire that dream and concentrate on other stuff.....

As I slumped away into the sunset (slumping here) lost in thought, my Somerset magazine arrived and on page 112 there was my turquoise challenge submission. HUH? I am not questioning anything - I am just so happy to have finally managed to reach one of my goals! ; ) I did the snoopy dance. I am still in hog heaven here. Thank you Somerset! Thank you Somerset! OK, this is way too long, i am way too winded, i am way too excited, and so in closing all I can say -- is have a honeysuckle-kind-of-mornin! My world smells sweet in the honeysuckle breeze.

5 comments:

michelle ward said...

Girl! What a delightful surprise that you have a blog up and running! So fun to see your bright shiny self on this post. I know your warm soul and talent will fill this blog in no time. I have seen first hand what you can do - not only in class, but from all the lovely things you've sent me. Bravo to you for getting ink in SS and bravo for claiming a spot on the net. *high five*

Anonymous said...

Oh Marlynn,
Now this just made my day!!! I can't wait to check in on you daily (instead of having to wait to see your pretty work at the next retreat...).
Love you,
Love the blog,
K
p.s. Woo hoo! I'm your first comment!

Oliver said...

Lookie, lookie...my Auntie Marlynn has a blog! Isn't she the bestest Auntie everrrrrrr! Woof! Enough about her...now she has a place that she can share stories all about ME! Woof! Woof!

Boutade said...

Wow, fantastic! You've joined the blogging crew at last. "Welcome to my world" is like the best line evar. Now it's broken free of the confines and running amok like aliens out of a zoo saucer. Aiee! You go girl.

Darlene said...

Marlynn,
Always love your work!! You and I both have an Annie Oakley Picture! I will be waiting to read more post
Like Korie I can now see your wonderful creations more often since I hardly ever see you anymore.

Darlene