Saturday, September 27, 2008

Still Cleaning my Plate in my World


Yup, today was a pretty good day in my honeysuckle kind of world. Started off misty and we didn't have the tennis clinic - bummer! BUT, I started moving and creating early. Two items of note: (1) I worked on my Painted Page Journal started at the Michelle Ward workshop in Wisconsin; and (2) a new Marie Antoinette booklet for submission to a special Somerset publication (Nov. 15 deadline). In that one I am using the Michelle Ward limited edition Marie stamps. I absolutely love them! I made a small book using the stamps for her earlier this summer. The Marie stamp is just like dressing a paper doll -- it is just so much fun to use the stickles, of course I also stickled myself -- nope, not on purpose. Just happen to always attract stuff like stickles, paint, glue, this stuff just jumps on me when I am not looking!


I call this page the Druid page. I enjoyed working on this. On the right hand side I decided to to fill it with ATC cards. I don't do that art form as much as I would like so this was a good practice run. I found a chapter title in an old book called, "The Tree and the Druid." and this jump started the page from there. I journaled on the side of the left hand page, "Out on a Limb A calling of the soul awakened the dark psychic waters swirling in the outer kingdom....She knew they were looking deep in the woods for the Fairy Tree -- it was fabled to hold deep magical powers or so the Druids believed. They danced in the moonlight. They called for the voices. The Delphine song soothed their souls. They knew the Revelation, the Light, the Truth, they believed."

The right hand side started with a pink tag I used in Michelle's *pink wink* campaign to gather pink socks in memory of her sister who lost her valiant battle with cystic fibrosis this summer. Under that I placed a transparency photo of my mother and aunt when they were young. And then began working on the ATC cards. "Working Girls" is one of my favorites. I love the B-Line stamp and use the three young women in many creations.
The "Paris" pattern card was a left over tag not used in an earlier project I sent off to my "sewing muse" -- you will meet her in a future post. She saved my sewing machine from a very cruel and horrible death-by-my-own-hands. (OK, I admit it. Yes, I did sucker punch it.) The third card was a left over experiment I did with wax last Christmas. I love encaustic waxing and use it on my holiday cards a lot.

The day was well spent and I am getting ready to go cook dinner. I enjoy cooking and can't wait for Top Chef to come on! I also plan on catching up on DVRed shows: Most Haunted, Ghost Hunters, Destination Truth, and Paranormal Egypt (i could do an entire blog on the Egypt one - not a pretty one either but it is like a train wreck that i keep DVRing every Friday on the Travel Channel. Oh Derek you Spinx you! if i see him run off into the night and throw himself on Egypt soil one more time, i will bury him with the mummies!)

Good night Mommy, Good Night Aunt Mary, sleep tight and don't let the bed bugs bite. It has almost been 10 years since mother passed over to the other side - I still miss her but happy she is now free from that horrible stroke that left her paralyzed.
She fought a hard fight for five years!

No comments: