Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Hot date -- well kind of in my kind of world.....



The Year: 1985


The Show: Count Gore / Creature Feature


Milestone: Got hickey



Found a rubber stamp at Angela's Happy Stamper recently and it says: "We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." I looked at that stamp for weeks - obviously no one bought it. Then all of a sudden I'm thinking I can use it. I get it. I don't think we need to go into the "back story" here -- just know that on an interesting night a long time ago (1985) I met the Count and the rest is history..... or not. I haven't seen him again in 23 years. Except tomorrow (Wednesday) for lunch. Don't ask how I reconnected - weird things happen in my world. The Count was on Channel 20 for many years, then at some point moved out of the area, and then in 2005 moved back into the area. He has the COOLEST web site.... at http://countgore.com/gore/. When you Google the Count the description comes up: "Vampire horror host sex symbol Count Gore De Vol brings you Creature Feature, with vampires, zombies, werewolf, witches, monsters, ghouls, goblins, ..." Oh well, whatever rocks your boat.... I suppose. Anyway, me and Count will have a very public lunch and then another 25 years will pass and he will have by that time become a great grandfather or more Igors running amok in the dungeon or something or other. Will keep you posted, maybe. My life is pretty fun sitting and smelling the honeysuckles......

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just about peed my pants giggling over those pictures. Then I picked up the phone to call Suni, "You. Have. Got. To. See. Marlynn's. Blog."

She called me back 15 minutes later to say that she almost punched a hole in the wall, she was laughing so hard.

Anonymous said...

Dear Korie and Suni: When you two have lived as long as I have, you too will have some funny photos to show off when you a creeping along dragging the walker behind you and all your friends in the nursing home are giggling over your photos you whipped out of your purse.... or something like that. M