Sunday, April 3, 2011

Marie is leaving the Building


Yes, Marie is flying away tomorrow. I have become attached to her and realize that if she does not head out she will be staying here...


However, Marie was created for a very special friend I met through Paper Whimsy when we both showed up there close to the same time and the rest is blogland history. She and I have corresponded on many levels and shared "secrets" more or less over the years. For some reason, we feel comfortable enough to do that although we have never laid eyes on each other. And so the miracle of bloggers forge new territory for some of us, but not really. In my day we use to have penpals in far away places and although we never met we felt the friendship over the miles.


Well, enough of that. Marie got her ribbons


Her title

Her angel wings.  And my love creating her.


Just one last quick note to Jackie who left a comment on Gina's pages asking where I had found the image of the nun.  She was found over at Digital Collage Sheets and is number ds 617. Well worth the cost of the download!  Happy Sunday!



14 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

She is really beautiful, and I am in awe of what you did. I can see why you would not want to let her go. I'm really impressed.

Anonymous said...

Jeez.
This is why I come here.
Marie is
A
W
E
S
O
M
E

i want to be you when i grow up.
okay?

Janet Ghio said...

What a wonderful gift for your friend and I love Marie, the angel with her pink wings!!

Createology said...

F.A.B.U.L.O.U.S.
Happy week ahead...

Diane said...

BIG Smiles from me!!
:)
:)
:)
P.S. Okay, I'm not sure which was my favorite part--when Phillip was having a tantrum because he couldn't have any of the crispy brown rice...OR....when Rob threw the clue into the volcano...I'm still laughing :D

~*~Patty S said...

well knowing your gorgeous Marie is going to a good home must make it a wee bit easier to part with her...but I was thinking it would be tough to let this amazing creation go!

Thank you for the nun link too missy...digital shopping is so easy ;)

Happy April
Happy Spring
Happy Happy Everything
oxo

Dorthe said...

Hi dear Marlyn,
I love your little Marie angel piece- so many wonderfull details- and the colors are so soft and lovely.
Beautifull, dear.
XO,Dorthe

Uniquely Ella said...

She is so beautiful, then again I love your gorgeous works of art. Thanks for stoping by my blog.
I caould not part from her.
xxx
Marlene

Jackie said...

thank you Marilyn! Your Marie is sooo beautiful! And I agree with Amy, i too wanna be you when i grow up!

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your creative and beautiful works with cyberland! You are good...very good.

Lovey said...

Wow Marlynn...simply beautiful! What an awesome treasure from you...

Terri said...

Totally wonderful! I love this page, and the stitching really makes it even more fabulous! Your creativity amazes me. All your details work so well together. What a work of art!
I think I would love to take a class with you as the teacher!

Thank you for hooking me up with the nun!

Hugs,
Terri

Terri said...

Words can not express my surprise and gratitude for you making me this book! I am so blessed by you!
Each page, every theme, all your time and creativity everywhere.
Thank you so very much! I absolutely love it and I will cherish it!
Hugs,
Terri

karen hess jewelry said...

Marlynn, your blog is exquisite and I just know I'm going to really enjoy being a follower...you will definitely inspire me with your stunning work!
xoxo
Karen