Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Le Petit Trianon Redux


How did it get to be Wednesday already??? I'm thinking I posted last Sunday BUT instead I finished up the final two pages in the Cardboard Album I am making as a surprise for a good friend.  I am calling it Le Petit Trianon OR Marie Antoinette's little garden.


 If you remember, Marie is on the left side and on the right is a stone angel. I like the way the last two pages came together - took awhile but it finally came....


One of my favorite images of Marie above,


And one of my favorite Stone Angels along with a poem,


For the poem I used a google translator to take it from English to French. It is a poem that talks about an angel's kiss. I used it before in a wedding album years ago and forgot about it.  Worked on the outside back of the altered book with a quick collage,


The front is still a work in progress but getting there!


Still need to put a title on it. Whewww.  Hope you have had a good week so far. I've finished dinner and will be getting ready for Survivor and the finale of Top Chef - go Richard! We have had cold rain today with what seems to be a little sleet trying to come down.  Oh Spring, we miss you!  Come home and warm us up!

8 comments:

Createology said...

Your Le Petit Trianon is just beautiful. You have really put a lot of time and work into the details of this journal. Wishing you Spring and Sunshine...

Janet Ghio said...

Love your book! You are a survivor fan-me too, but I have to watch the next day, because I'm an American Idol fan too, so I can watch survivor on the computer. Have a fun evening!!

Terri said...

Le Petit Trianon is really lovely! All the pages are coming together so beautifully. I just love the way you design your pieces. You really are so very talented!
Hugs,
Terri

Dorthe said...

How beautifull- I so love the mix with M.A. and the stone angels-it is a gorgeus gift you have made.
YOU ARE MAKING SO WONDERFULL THINGS.
hUGS,dORTHE

Diane said...

Your details are always soooo perfect--just perfect!
I haven't seen last night's Survivor yet, but I'm now a big Rob fan (that isn't betraying Russell is it?) And I want the irritating Phillip to stay around to keep me laughing :)
Remember last week he called the 3 of them STEALTH--hillarious!

~*~Patty S said...

your Marie pages are just too too lovely...the details are delicious...you must be SO pleased with how your book is turning out

the stone angels are a perfect compliment...they store so much emotion and beauty...I am always drawn to them

spring showers bring more flowers...I'm hoping
at least the pollen is really low ;)
oxo

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I am in awe of the page that shows the garden. It is wonderful. I wish Spring would get to you because it appears to have gotten to me. Your little garden is spectacular.

Lovey said...

Wowie!!! Seriously...you are awesome!