Sunday, April 24, 2011

It is a Glorious Easter in the Honeysuckles


Here in the Honeysuckles it seems to be winter or summer. It is currently 84 degrees with a threat of thunderstorms later on. BUT, I am not complaining. It is just beautiful outside.


 Here is a question for you: Why does one dining room table seem to be the repository for one's life? Have you noticed it. You turn around and it is packed with mail and anything else that can fall on it and no place for a dinner plate.....


One month ago I cleaned it off and crossed my heart not to let it get to that point again. Well, guess what, I lied to myself, yes I did! And so this glorious Easter Sunday I have been cleaning, and kind of enjoying it. OH help me NOW...

But when the sun is shining I wanted to see my crystal sun catcher catch the rays.....


Life is good in my little nest. Yesterday, Janet asked about the chili box notepad, and here it is.  I made this out of my Hard Times Chili box and just added paper and used my bind it all to hold it all together.


For the front I added some crocheted lace and some random sewing on the back cover which was the back of the box.

Various tags were added

including a French Bread Loaf bag

what I love about these - is anything goes,


One of my favorite boxes was the Mrs Smith Peach Cobbler = add a little sewing, paint, and ribbons and you are ready to roll.....


I have also used the Leggs packaging,


Yes, the Kleenex box went from this,



to this:


And I love the Wheaties Fuel boxes to use for notebooks for the guys! This one was for my trainer who is still using it to write up his different workout programs...... he uses a pencil and when he gets to the end of the book he starts over in the front. I offered to make another one for him and he couldn't figure out why since he could still use this one using the eraser! LOL


The next time you throw a box out, just remember it does have another use in another lifetime..... Wishing you a happy day!



10 comments:

Carmen said...

Catching up a bit with you. Love the bread bag. You know where to get more. Happy Easter Time. Carmen

Anonymous said...

i am going to tell you a story.

your hard times chili packet reminded me of something.

When i was disgustingly pregnant with my second spawn, i visited cincinnati - in the dead heat of summer.
lucky me; i stayed with friends who had no air conditioning (what?!?)

the hostess insisted i try some revolting mixture titled Cincinnati Chili.

It was basically oil, ground beef, oil, oil and oil.
also, pasta.
as in spaghetti noodles
um and some more oil.

it was all served in a white styrofoam container which still appears in my nightmares.

i still get really really sick when my husband threatens to utter the forbidden words, "cincinnati chili".

*shudders*

so.
happy easter.
Xx,
Amy

Jan Hennings said...

It is a beautiful Easter! Love the metal bunny :)

Terri said...

So totally cool! What you did to that kleenex box is a miracle!
I love your abandon and creative thinking.
I will be looking at packaging in a whole new way from now on!

Hugs,
Terri

Janet Ghio said...

Love all the different notebooks from the boxes--especially the chili one!!

Dorthe said...

Dear Marlynn-
you are just so creative- and so clever to make good use of all common things, we normally throw away--I love your notebooks- with all your wonderful ideas-and collages.
And well--I think my table is kind of the same, history as yours, dear :)
Hugs,Dorthe

Diane said...

So are these fun or what!! I love these--It's so hard not to have clutter, because we can't throw anything out when you can use it in your art, and yes, it all seems to end up on my dining room table too! I'm the same way--last week I cleaned it off and I told my husband--no more stuff on this table--ha ha--that's funny!
I would never have thought that Phillip would have gone to the end, but now I'm not so sure. I'm just very happy that Russell's team is crumbling--Russell is loving it!

Uniquely Ella said...

Hi, I'm so loving that buny. You are so super creative, great idea you had with the bread bags. Hope you had a happy Easter.
xxx
Marlene

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

The table on your porch is gorgeous and reminds me that it hasn't been that long ago that you rusted metal on that same porch.

I don't allow anything on my kitchen or dining room tables, except decorations that sit in the center of both. Of course, when I fix a meal, I can sit at either place. My craft room is right off the front of the house, so my bills go there for sorting and tossing before the actual bills and letters go to the office. That way, I never have a table that gets messy.

Love the different books you have made. Your creativity strikes love in my heart, because you know how I recycle just about any and everything. Hope your Easter was PERFECT.

Dianne said...

awesome books! now I will be looking for food packaging with a 'vintage' style to them! hope your Easter was lovely...