Friday, April 29, 2011

Hello Buckingham, I'm Here


Once upon a time I was a redhead without a hat


But one who knew how to have fun at a party - royal or otherwise


It was a glorious wedding day for William and Catherine, and to top it off, two kisses on the balcony.


You have to admit they know how to throw a party. I think it is needless to say the crown is not dead in England. Did you see all the people -- young, old, and in between helping the Queen throw a shindig right there at the Palace and you know in the streets tonight.


I loved my visit to London in 2005. I have always felt in another time that is where I lived, London not Paris.


Walk with me down memory lane,


The Peter Pan Statue,


Buckingham Palace

The statues

the fountains

The palace intrigues


Parliament


The Tower


and all the little princes and knights


There is a lot of sorrow and sadness in the world. Let us be grateful that we had a chance to be swept away to another place on a grand holiday. May the Lord bless the lovely couple and may they walk in His way and celebrate their love together as husband and wife. It will be fun to watch their story unfold. And yes, I still get chills when I hear "God Save the Queen" sung, especially in Westminister Abby, 20 Dean's Yard, London. You notice she doesn't sing it to herself.... I think it is now time for High Tea!


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I love your 'redhead' period! I'm still in mine for a few more years. You looked stunning on the staircase, waving like a pro!

One day I'll get to London (and parts west of there) and I shall look for the staircase to have my photo taken!

Since my ancestry is English I am always interested in what's happening in the old country!

Huzzah.....
Jan

Janet Ghio said...

It was fun to watch this morning. Didn't you love all the hats!! My favorite part was the carriage ride from Westminster Abbey to Buckingham Palace and of course the kiss (s) on the balcony!!

Lovey said...

Oh what a fabulous post...Aren't you the cutest ever! Love the red hair Marlynn...you have always been so beautiful. I would love to visit London...the sites, the British accent...alone would win me over! Smiles...What a dream come true for one special lady indeed!
Love to you...

Sherry said...

Beautiful post!! I didn't get to see any of the wedding itself(moving my son from Uni back home now that he's graduated), but I did catch the procession from Westminster to Buck Palace and it was lovely - they look so happy. I have such strong ties to England (my maternal grandfather and paternal grandparents all arrived in Canada from England in the early 1900s) and yet have never been. Your post has made me hunger to do that!

Dorthe said...

Hi dear Marlynn-thank`s for the tour-I love seing the older fhotoes of you- so sweet :)
You know we also have our danish royal family, and I kind of like it-throws a little fairitale athmohsphare over little Denmark.
Wish you a great week-end.
Hugs,Dorthe

Diane said...

Yes, London suits you well! What a fun tour, and I loved that red hair so much! I have to say that I didn't watch the wedding at all (does that make me a bad person? :)

But I love that fairytales can still happen, and I know that this royal couple is truly in love.

P.S. LOVING Survivor--everything, so far, for Rob is going along as planned. You know, I don't even know the one name of the girl on there--the blond--not Andrea--the other one (what is her name???). Which just goes to prove that she will not be winning the million--she's just one of Rob's groupies.

Clear Crick Cottage said...

Hi Marlynn,
Just wanted to say I love this post. :) My husband stayed up all night with me, and we finally got to bed at 6am, and I consider it the best all-nighter I ever pulled! hehe. Can't stop watching repeats, and my favorite snippet found out later was when she said something to him when they first got into the carriage after the ceremony - she glowed when she said it..."I'm so happy."
I too am grateful to be able to spend the time watching such an amazing event so filled to brimming with love and happiness and joy.

Queen's Jubilee is next year!...hmmm would be a fun time to go for the first time for me! hehe. What about you??
xoxo -Sherilyn at Clear Crick Cottage

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

The Brits, of whom I'm one (or half part, anyway), know how to throw a party. You threw one perfectly, and when you were a red haired beauty, you hit that staircase in perfect unity.

It was fun taking a trip down memory lane with you, because I have seen most of those photos you turned into an altered scrapbook. But I still love seeing them again, as well as reading your thoughts and memories of Britain. I'm sure the Queen AND you were both thrilled on Friday. You knew exactly what to wear, too.

Asija said...

A cute blog!