Monday, April 18, 2011

A Quick Lunch Time Break


Just a quick noon time post since I won't have a chance tonight. Oliver's mummy is coming home and he and I will be going to pick her up.

The little rascal did good but he will be ready to see his mommy and daddy.  Thought you would be interested in a quick Lizzie Borden video my friend Cindy LaFerle sent regarding the Lizzie Mystery.  You can find it on MSNBC and it is a cool clip. They went to the Bed & Breakfast - remember I told you I did stay there. If you have trouble with the link on "MSNBC" - here is the "real" link and you can do a cut and paste:

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/42612544/ns/today-books/?gt1=43001



Yes, that would be me in the living room where Mr. Borden was killed - this was in October 2007. Would go back to that place in a second. The couch he died on was right across the room from the rocker.

On a separate topic, I think you would just love a piece of Cindy's art work that she featured on her blog last week. The theme...... is a quote from Rumi: "The eye is meant to see things. The soul is here for its own joy." Rumi.  Cindy did a wonderful piece on that quote. Click here for the link.

And I can't leave you without showing something I created even if it were years ago. This is from one of my journals when I was playing with "colors" and using magazine ads and clip art:



One more using the same color pallet:


Have a great rest of the day and I will be back with you soon.


4 comments:

Janet Ghio said...

Oh that sweet little Oliver!! I will go check out the Lizzie clip and your friends blog.

Terri said...

Good for Oliver, he must really miss his parents.
I love the pic of you in the living room! Why are you not on the couch in a corpse position???

I am wanting to make something for you....thinking about it...maybe a domino book? Maybe a stitched piece? Maybe a little book? Hhmmmmmm....
Got any preference???
Hugs,
Terri

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

By now Oliver is probably home with his mommy and you are probably with them both. Sorry I was late getting here today. Love seeing you at the Borden house and now I'm off to see what Cindy has done on MSNBC.

~*~Patty S said...

Oliver looks like you caught him in the middle of a conversation ;)
Cute pup!

Cindy's Rumi inspired creation is so fantastic

Love your art from before...I like revisiting things I've made in the past...it's always nice when it still speaks to you

off to check out the link
Happy Tuesday!
oxo