Saturday, April 9, 2011

The 1890s and Lizzie B


August 4, 1892

A mother sewn on to a "flap"


Flap opening to reveal


Soul Sore - a tragic day not only for the victims, Andrew & Abby, the daughter, Lizzie, the other family members, but also the town of Fall River


The step mother Abby, did she deserve such a tragic death?


Inside flap - which is the opposite side of "Mother" and Lace


Love the quote: "the journey awakens the soul" - and we all have those journeys to take at various times in our lives - the times we know it is all about the soul not the journey,


The Scene of the First Crime - the step-mother is axed in the guest bedroom while making up the bed. Did Lizzie wander in with fresh sheets, towels, while hiding her ax? Hmmmmmmm, one would surmise not a good way to enjoy your day. It brought Lizzie 13 days of a trial that put 92 Second Street,  Fall River, MA, on the map.


And on a mundane note, Harley and I got our taxes done this week. Harley worked really hard to get me into the "tax man's" office on Monday. Glad to get that "chore done."


Today after 2 hours on the tennis court got a shower, and now need to get ready to see an Elden Street Players play tonight - a musical no less, are you ready for this one my honeysuckle peeps? The musical is called "Thrill me: The Leopold & Loeb Story." Oh my, must have murder on my mind, do tell. More tomorrow,


If you are local, check the link there is still a week left for the run of the play. I will let you know what I think about the play tomorrow. Hugs, my peeps! Hugs

7 comments:

Sherry said...

You DO have murder on your mind!! First Lizzie and the L&L -- you're all about "L" and murder!!! I remember reading the book about Leopold and Loeb and I've always been fascinated by Lizzie B -- I love your interpretation! enjoy the theatre!

Janet Ghio said...

Leopold and Loeb--Lizzie Borden--who's next????

~*~Patty S said...

so many casts of characters in your days

tfs

as always
your creativity thrills me
again and again

Happy rest of the weekend dear one!
oxo

Dorthe said...

Uhhh such storyes -I don`t know about them, but your art work, looks fantastic,-and very inspirational-wonderfull made, dear.
Hugs,Dorthe

Anonymous said...

god i love coming to this blog.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I so enjoyed reading about Lizzie Borden. I really knew nothing before I started reading about it on your blog. And you really DO seem to have murder on the brain right now.

However, like me, I see you got your taxes finished this week, too. I did mine AFTER I finished my six player swap. Glad Harley can sit back and relax a bit now.

Anonymous said...

I love it -- intriguing stuff! Can't wait to see what you come up with for Halloween this year :-)