Sunday, April 10, 2011

Were the Borden's poisoned before the last Ax?

 

Some say she poisoned them before they were axed to death.




It was known that there were complaints about stomach aches before the murders.


Could it have been the cook letting the mutton soup go bad.



They said Mr. Borden could be a tight wad. Did they keep eating the same porridge over and over? However it was a very hot August summer that year.


Some say they saw Lizzie buy some poison at the drug store. She didn't deny it - said it was for the rats.


We will never know what went on "behind closed doors." Yes, some whispered that the daughter loved the father too much. It was never proven that there was anything going on behind those doors.


Rumor had it that the sisters were not pleased with their father's plan to give some of their mother's property to the step-mom. No, not happy at all. It is said the older sister poisoned Lizzie's mind and turned her against her step-mom, the only real mother she had ever known.


No matter what, she got off and we will never know if she did it or not. We will never know what she could have possibly been thinking. My oh my!



10 comments:

Anonymous said...

god.
can't quit enlarging the top picture.

Love. it.

come over to my house and teach me how to make art right now.

Janet Ghio said...

the plot thickens and thickens!!!

Sherry said...

ah yes, the mutton stew!!! There was a GREAT deal I'm sure that went on behind those doors..but I would put my money on Lizzie using the poison and then taking to the axe to "be sure" -- a little "over kill"!!!

Terri said...

My oh My! What an intriguing tale and what a fabulous little book to tell the story! Each page is amazing, you know how much I love your process, your designs...and your mind!
So cooooool!
Hugs,
Terri

Dorthe said...

OH my goodnes Marlynn--those storyes becomes more and more ivel--and your art more and more gorgeus- this book is fantastic--and I too love the top picture,wow.
Hugs,Dorthe

Unknown said...

Girl, you are eerie!

Diane said...

The art is as interesting and intriquing as the story behind it. I want to know more!!
P.S. Poor Matt ;)

~*~Patty S said...

super use of transparencies and transfers...gives that mysterious look that fits so well with your subject

very interesting (read in LaughIn voice accent) ;)
oxo

Anonymous said...

I've always been fascinated by this case/mystery, as you know. I just love what you've done with this book, and it's been intriguing to follow the steps along the way. Kudos!!

Lovey said...

Beautifully done...loving that top image Marlynn!