Thursday, November 11, 2010

Fight like a Girl -- you Honeysuckler

7:30AM: This blog will be in several pieces today. Although a holiday, I am headed to work to catch up on some tasks that need to be done before surgery tomorrow. Yes, to all, the surgery and diagnosis has sunk in a while ago but as the minutes and seconds tick away, it seems to get a little tense - not a lot - but a little more tense.

Trying to be as honest as I can with you. Walking a tightrope right now. However, I believe in positive thinking, prayer, and the s(S)pirt and the soul and - and - and I don't want the spirit muddled with anything that would even be close to a "doubt" - I know you get my drift.

So when the going gets tough, boys and girls, the tough go shopping. Hey, Harley went along for the ride, yes he did. He hit the button that read "Enter".... and sent the order!

I had to do this (notice the *had*), yessireee, had to. I just bought a lounge pant and tee that reads, "Fight Like A Girl" (had I designed it probably would have added, 'you woose')," and a bracelet that is called "Hope Slide Bracelet" over at Signals - one of my fav stomping grounds.

To see the items click on these two links: Pants & Tee and Bracelet

They already make me feel warm and comfy..... My to-do list today involves:

1) Lunch with an ole ole friend who is in from the Chicago-area (Harriet). She buys me lunch each year on my "work" anniversary - I started on November 12, 1979. She never ever forgets.

(5:00PM - Harley enjoyed his grilled cheese and ham and fries and ice tea at lunch! - Me tooo)


2) Call my insurance company to complain to any numnut that will listen on how sensitive their letter was yesterday announcing they notified the surgeon that this surgery might not be covered.

(5:19PM - Instead called my angel nurse Cindy at the Breast Surgeon's office and she said - forget it - she took care of it on Monday and she called the insurance company for me - lovin' these angels - if you are local or not and want the link to this incredible group, let me know)

3) Stop by the MRI to pick up my films

(5:23PM - crap - forgot this one - will maybe do tomorrow - OK, have Patricia do it while I am in surgery)

4) Play tennis at 1pm

(5:24PM - like from 1PM to 2:15PM - just too much fun and I told James and Mary guess it didn't matter if my legs would be sore tomorrow or N O T - I, for the most part, won't remember! LOL)

5) Head home after grocery store!
(5:26PM - oh did I STOP at the grocery store. Harley went in with me and we bought some good treats for tonight and tomorrow evening and....
And then the ultimate before the drive home at 2:45PM, Pumpkin Spice Latte Grande with ice and whipped cream, baby:

This morning I wrote this: "Will be posting throughout the day so you can keep up with my highs and lows today. Huggies - anyone?"

I was swinging hot and cold (emotionally-LOL) this morning until lunch and when I saw Harriet (age 83) in all her beauty my spirits lifted and I forgot my mini-mood swings. And then I went to be with James and Mary on the tennis courts - and I really was having fun and forgot those stupid little "low" points this morning. And now, Harley and I will indulge in salmon, roasted veggies, steamed sticky rice, ice creams, cookies, and a new Martha Stewart magazine...... hmmm, I have until midnight to eat all I want. That is our story and we are "sticking" to it:


So my little honeysuckle peepers -- Not sure when I will post again - maybe midnight - who knows or maybe tomorrow - depends on the heavy duty drugs I might be on : ) but until the next time - remember keep on truckin' in grace and spirit and all will be well. Hugs and smooches to you! Yes, another eve of mindless TV watching - it really does do wonders for your mood! Don't worry, Harley will keep you posted and will be taking excellent care of me along with a few friends. ; )



11 comments:

Janet Ghio said...

Enjoy that ice cream tonight!! Give Harley and Oliver a hug for me and give yourself the biggest one!! Will be thinking about you tomorrow!!

Createology said...

Prayers for your complete and speedy recovery. Harley and you make a great team...

Larcy said...

Oliver and I will be waiting for you with Popeye's and puppy kisses. I will remind Oliver he will need to let you eat or you just might nibble on his chicken leg!

Terri said...

Hello Marlynn,
I am sorry I missed checking in today. My dear hubby broke one of his fingers badly and we sat at the orthopedists all day and then surgery for him tomorrow.

I will be thinking of you all day tomorrow.
I am visualizing you doing super well tomorrow, as well as healing beautifully.
I am also knowing that you are going to have the best caring doctors and nurses around you.
Hugs of love and healing.
Terri

~*~Patty S said...

went to sleep thinking about you dear M
woke up thinking and praying about you too!

wanted to share my favorite blessing with you:

May the long time sun shine upon you
All Love surround you
and the pure Light within you
Guide your way on

that is to confirm what is already going on in your life Lady!
oxo

Unknown said...

Hugs to you, Girlfriend! I suspect you might be in post op as I post this.

Love your "fight" wear.

Sending you lots of prayers and hugs.
:)

Terri said...

Oh I hate waiting to hear how you are doing!
I am still thinking of you and hoping that right now (Friday evening) you are resting as comfortably as possible and on the road to recovery.
Hugs and more hugs,
Terri

Elizabeth said...

Thinking of you, ML... Hope you are home and comfy this evening.--E

Korie B. said...

I thought about you all day.
Big hugs....

Lovey said...

Loving you...

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm so glad your "angel" took care of the insurance company. When you are sick, or don't feel well, it seems the insurance companies are the ones who give you the most stress and grief. No wonder they are hated. Highs and lows are always expected, but you did remarkably well. I would have been a basket case.