Friday, November 19, 2010

Whoop Whoop or Woot Woot or woof wooof?

I know my little peeps - weird title - but I am feeling good tonight and had a pretty positive report from my doctor this morning. Hey, I don't have an ugly little drain coming out of my body. W H O O P!

WHY did Harley make a doctor's appointment for me at 8 AM in the morning (here my screech). WOW, but hey, got a little make-up on and out the door and Patricia got me there on time.

Dr. Diaz took the drain out and said she had some good news and some "bad" news. Good News: Lymph node is clear of cancer and my cancer is Stage 1. Bad News: I have to go back in for one more surgery to make sure she has it all out.

From what I understand, you have to cut out enough section to get a "clean" margin and mine was not clean. So she will go back in the second week in January and take more out. She said if she had that report on Monday when we did the second surgery for the internal bleeding, she could have done it then. But she said visually, it looks fine and only shows up under the microscope. Originally she said 4 weeks to have surgery but, because of a business trip, I asked if she had any problems waiting until January 12. She said - not a problem - and it would give my body a little longer to heal.


You know I am trying to be honest with you...... Honestly - - just not ready to go back into surgery in 4 weeks and would like to do Christmas! LOL. My brother and nephew are showing up for Thanksgiving so that should be fun. I am not cooking and am going to order the dinner tomorrow. Dear dear Larcy and Patricia are my angels and are taking good care of me..... and, of course, Oliver comes over to give me sloppy puppy kisses. So I really do feel pretty good today. Thank you for your prayers and healing thoughts you have been sending my way. I am reading every comment you leave but just a little too tired to send you an email back. In closing another page from Jill's beautiful "What Cancer Cannot Do" tag book:

Not much more to say on this tag.... but with faith in your Higher Power (mine happens to be Jesus) you can walk through any storm with your heart and soul intact. Yes, there are bumps and sore spots and you just take baby steps if you need to and do it one step at a time. Hugs to all and gonna have some salmon and roasted veggies tonight and them watch them crazy guys with Ghost Adventures over on the Travel Channel.

8 comments:

Terri said...

I love the good news!!! Yea for you!!
The bad news though (here imagine the censoring I had to do...I deleted my initial thoughts.....)
I am truly sorry to hear you need more surgery, and I totally understand wanting to wait a bit longer. I would too.
I really love the book your friend sent you, that is really cool.
Hugs and more hugs to you,
Terri

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This sounds so positive. Not sure what Stage 1 cancer is, but it sounds promising. I know the surgery will weigh on your mind, but I sincerely believe you are in good hands, both physically, emotionally, and spiritually. Take care dear friend.

Janet Ghio said...

Marilynn-sounds good. Sorry you have to go back in, but so glad to hear about those lymph nodes!! Hugs to yoou, Oliver and harley!!

~*~Patty S said...

Your attitude is so good M!
that makes a huge difference in any healing

glad you have some time in between surgeries ... really sorry you have to go back in for one more

rest easy and many thanks for checking in with us!
oxo

Julie Prichard said...

That's not good news..it's GREAT news. Stage 1. I am so happy for you..let her get in there to get it all out..get those margins clean!

Happy thanksgiving!!

Debby said...

I am glad to hear you so upbeat, and sorry to hear you have to have more surgery. Glad you are having guest for Thanksgiving.
Hugs,
Debby

Anonymous said...

Hi Marlynn...
I see that things are going well. So sorry that you had to report back for surgery but what a blessing that you're a stage ONE!!

Positive thinking, the power of prayer, encouragement from your awesome friends and all of little Harley's mischief, you will get your through this.

So happy to know that you received your package. My hubby takes everything to the P.O. for me. Wanting to make sure that he included you in his prayers, I told him when you would be having your surgery. He looked at me with shock on his face and said...."THIS FRIDAY, she's having surgery? Honey, I didn't send the package fast enough!!" I had to LOL at him. I told him that it would arrive at exactly the right time. I see that it did. God is GOOD!!!

I will continue prayers for you as you continue your journey. There will be so much to learn and even more to be grateful for. I look forward to keeping up with your progress.

Enjoy your Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays!!

In His Love,
Jill (Jilly#1) Robertson

ha, ha, ha,....that's for Julie. Love you girl!!

Boutade said...

Sweet M, my prayers and thoughts are in your corner to the max. Hang in there, take it easy, and read a nice book. You are one tough cookie!