Wednesday, November 10, 2010

She who Searches

I apologize to the author of this quote - I don't know who it is. This small page is in a little journal 5 1/2" x 3 1/2" and was created using various sources: a bag from Disney; an image from a 2004 journal which included the quote; and a tag from Anthropologie.

The quote:

She who searches for a brighter tomorrow,
and finds no happiness today,
has missed the meaning of life
Somewhere along the way.

I tried to google it but came up with nothing. This quote is very important to me right now.

On Tuesday, after work, I was able to get out and hit tennis balls from about 4:30 to 5:15. That felt good. Hitting something. It felt good. Tomorrow on the holiday I am going in to work catching up on stuff before surgery on Friday. Today I had phone calls from nurses. My "nurse navigator" called to give me the sordid details of the upcoming surgery. Little needles and things, OH my.............. (loving the phrase, "Ignorance is Bliss" - well it was... LOL)

And the when I get home tonight I have a letter from my insurance company telling me they contacted my doctor wanting more "clinical information documenting your symptoms and related clinical information to support the medial need for the request" of a "Partial Mastectomy-With Axillary Lymphadectomy" - SAY WHAT, Sherlock? Hmmmmmm, we will have some discussions Friday before surgery, hopefully before they terrorize me with teeney tiny little needles. C r u m b....... Harley, come here right now. *stomps foot* Darn it, he is hiding.

H A R L E Y......

He is not budging.... All I gotta say - Harley is growing boobies (like NOW) and will be trying out the surgery first before me. I don't care how much he protests. Darn it, come here
H A R L E Y...... now.... put the phone down Harley....


OK, Harley and I will will get through this. Just getting tired of all the phone calls and want the surgery over with now..... Harley wants all of you to take the pledge - remember to never miss your annual mammogram. He is raising his arm and you do it with him. Remember, I did not miss mine and hopefully, by catching this early, this will be good. The doctor's office did tell me the MRI had "no surprises" which is good. *wink*


And, of course, the hospital, doctors, and nurses will have no idea that Harley is coming with me on Friday..... once I find him, he is hiding again. Just wanted to check in with you AND thank all of you for your marvelous, comforting remarks and emails. There are a number of you out there reading this that have been through the process, please know how much it means to me when I receive your words of wisdom!

Let's hear it for happiness today. Don't live in the future. Nope, just today, that is about all you can deal with right now....which is pretty good. Survivor Night! Yes, my little peeps, more mindless TV tonight Survivor and Ghost Hunters. Will be back with you tomorrow after getting work done in the office and hitting some more tennis balls. Hugs to all,

6 comments:

gail said...

I love your blog. I have been where you are, three years ago. just embrace the love and friendship that will come your way. And on a lighter note take harley with you. g

Unknown said...

We are a "Ghost Hubter" family! We also watch "Ghost Adventures" and just about any other paranormal reality show (yet I am still on the fence about ghosts...)

You could have knocked me over with a feather when I read your news! Not my BFF! Haven't been able to log on and post for 4 days, otherwise I would have been here sooner!

slogit! (verification word-- a good substitue for more vile expletives. haha)

You are a fighter and I know you will get through this. You are my hero. Praying for your strength and oblivious bliss they did not REALLY mean needles!)

(((hugs)))

Janet Ghio said...

Glad Harley is going with you on Friday!! Insurance companies--those executives should all be going into surgery on Friday and see how they like getting a freaking letter wanting more information--okay off my soap box-sorry--marilyn--I'll be sending you lots of good energy on Friday!! HUGS!!

Diane said...

I hope all goes well for you on Friday--keep your spirits up and just keep being you!

~*~Patty S said...

You continue to be in my thoughts and prayers Woman!
No surprises in the MRI is a good thing ... hope they knock you out for this ... now that would be bliss with Harley holding your hand too of course
Beaming healing energy...strength and power your way Marlynn
Love Ya!
oxo

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I can't believe how much I've missed on your blog. I am ashamed of myself for not checking in sooner. I'm so glad you are documenting your progress. And it sounds like the MRI was not as bad as it could have been. Harley will be with you in every emergency. Wendy and Bleubeard will be there in spirit, as will I during your recovery.