Thursday, July 1, 2010

It is a Wonderful Life Among the Honeysuckles

Yup, 13 days and counting, been working straight through since last week and Harley and me are back home! The meeting went well, the golf tournament fun, although HOT and MUGGY, but we had fun.

Now, for those who don't know, I live in the Washington, DC, area in Northern Virginia. We got hot, muggy, traffic, and beautiful country here. Harley went with me and assisted in working our national meeting and, let me tell you, he worked his little red paws off. You can see all the traffic behind Harley - a beautiful view from our hotel room on the 17th floor in Crystal City....


Off to golfing.....


Harley - to his amazement found the KING......


And some golf clubs - hmmmmmm, wonder what he is doing on those golf clubs?



OK, I am taking the keyboard back from Harley, the little tramp..... I did get a page done in the travel journal. That was fun working on it in the hotel room as we rested our sore little feet after being on them all day. Here is the final page:

Sorry - I did not get a photo of the blank page before I started, I just started stamping, cutting, and gluing.... and adding to it each night......



The stamp of the woman with umbrella is from Mary Mata's Clear Art Stamps called "A Walk in Paris." I took my pencil and added a little shadow around her feet and then took the pencil to outline the angel. Speaking of the angel, it is from a set of greeting cards called "In the Garden" featuring photography by Christine Triebert.



Bits of paper here and there - I really love collaging....... I really do. NOW, last night, Harley and I had my Nephew Pup Oliver show up for Oliver's vacation while his mummy and daddy went on a cruise. This is Oliver's home away from home and he showed up in his usual whirwind style and will be here for 10 days!



Oliver's middle name is "trouble"!!! SO, Oliver shows up and then an incredible Dream Angel shows up at my door.

This beautiful work of art was a thank you gift from the wonderful artist Marilyn Rock. I was so overwhelmed by her generosity. She is a wonderful friend I met here in a blog community and we will always be tied together by a stamp set named "Nellie"........ only in blog land could we say that! LOL. Click on the link in the previous sentence and you will see Marilyn's post of her Nellie story..... In my blog I featured Nellie here. Dream Angel now has a special place in my nest...... with another angel that I made years and years ago in the middle 90s...

I am starting to ramble, and yes, I'm tired and so is Oliver....


Looking forward to starting to post more regularly - I've missed my blog peeps. Love and hugs!

8 comments:

Janet Ghio said...

The dream angel is wonderful! I hope Oliver doesn't get a hold of Harley!!
We have an Oliver look alike and then we have the "low Maintenance Lambey family--like Harley atn our house!

Terri said...

So glad you are back!
We missed you : )
Your page is fab, I love that "paris" stamp, and the shadow you created.
The angel painting is an amazing gift!
Wow!
Get some rest sweetie.
Hugs,
Terri

Patti G. said...

Marlynn, Ohhhhh you have wonderful artwork, a BIG BURSTING HEART to get Nellie back to my dear friend Marilyn (you are an angel in disguise)! :0)
Your Oliver is darling! Hehehe, we have a little TeddyBear (ShiTzu,Bichon mix) named Rufio...he is a spit fire! Hehehe, my daughter's dog! Uhhhhh-huh, sure!
AND, I just wanted to mention that YOU are most adorable as well, you have a beautiful glow that makes me smile to see you doing your various things, traveling, arting etc! Just a beautiful lady all around!
Sending a hug from a new friend, In Wisconsin,
Patti

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You have NO idea how much I missed you and your ever friendly posts. With Harley at the wheel (or golf club), it seemed like I was able to catch up on your life a bit. I didn't realize how long it had been since you have been gone.

When you showed the angel, I immediately knew it was Marilyn's art. Her style is so distinct and lovely. It was so sweet of Marilyn to have it ready for you when you got home. Both of you are thoughtful beyond words. And only in blogland would THAT statement make sense, too.

Debby said...

Hey there girlie,
I have been a bad blog buddy..lol..I can't keep up with work and then more work at home. Love this post, adore all the pics of you and of course Oliver is so darned sweet.
Hugs,
Debby

Diane said...

Isn't it good to be back? I was only gone for 5 days, and I was ready to come home! NYC is a bit too hectic for me--BTW, I was able to go to the Ink Pad!
Great page you were able to finish while you were there, and I really like Marilyn's angel--she' such an expressive artist!
P.S. Have fun with Oliver--Bob would never make it that long.

~*~Patty said...

Glad you're back Lady and Harley too. I know you're going to have a great time with Oliver and he with you!

Oh SO lovely gift from the talented Marilyn (you two keep me on my toes spelling your names correctly)

Love your collage too darlink, great details!
Enjoy your long weekend!
oxo

Steph said...

Love Love the artwork, Marlynn!!! glad you had a good trip!! hugs steph