Saturday, July 31, 2010

Inspiration in the Breeze

Here among the Honeysuckles in my Breezy easy world, the weather is cooler than it has been all week, the day is gorgeous, cardio tennis played this morning, and the tennis backhand strokes clinic accomplished....

So, what is this "inspiration" I speak of? Love it when I am open to it in my world. All I have to do is open my eyes and drink in the sights. . . like at Starbucks late yesterday afternoon after an hour of a tennis workout with a tennis bud and my trainer:


Or the wild turkey mom and chicks outside our office windows this week:


Or my Green Craft Magazine from Somerset Studio:


I swore I would not buy this magazine NOR would I LOVE it. Wrong on both counts! It is inspiring me IF I get off my booty and act on the inspiration. And, right now I am sitting on my boots blogging and waiting for Sunday noon to arrive in order to draw a name out of the hat for the Zentangle 2 book. Leave a comment on the last post (Sunday) if you would like to be included. Sorry, I digressed. Check out page 30 in my Green mag, Vanessa Spencer repurposed a box using a shopping bag from one of my fav stops, Trader Joes:


So this week I made a stop and got a bag. Before cardio tennis today, painted half the box so it would be dry and I could begin working on it....





Yes, you can barely see the RubyFloy stamp on the box I am using. Love her etsy shop and try to stay away! Got my iced coffee made in my new coffee machine......


OK, one more statement. The true inspiration for this box is Vanessa's buttons.....


Off to create - wish me luck boys and girls! Be back soon.



4 comments:

Cynthia Schelzig said...

That is an amazing mural at Starbucks...wow,,,love the wild turkey and the baby birds...you look like you are inspired too. That is great...anything that moves us to pick up the paintbrush or whatever,,,right!

Diane said...

I'd enter your giveawy, but I already have that book :) I thnk I have every art book out there. Love all of your inspirations, and I actually don't have the Green Craft magazine--hmmmm

Createology said...

I must see the finished paper bag box you are making. Paper bags are wonderful! Happy creating...

~*~Patty S said...

I was here earlier today and we had to leave to visit with west coast relatives ... I enjoy the atmosphere at most Starbuck's I walk into ... it's really true that inspiration is everywhere, isn't it!

Fun use of paper bags and boxes!
oxo