Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy Birthday America! Crack, Snackle, Pop!

Oliver pup and I are still just lazing around the honeysuckles and smelling the roses. Yes, we have really lazed today. What a grand way to spend our beloved America's Birthday. Is that bliss or is that bliss. Oliver doesn't have a care in the world!


While the pup napped I finished off the second Geisha page in my Off The Walls notebook. If you remember the first page looked like this:



Notice blank wall to the left - this is what we worked on. The before:




And the after:

Added, once again, some black feathers, some rub-ons, and Asian print,


A Dapper Men Stamp (--no you are not seeing double, I restamped over the image) and black ribbon,



And the two pages together:


And while we were at it -- added a silver flower to the cover -- Absolutely love these Prima Flowers.... I just thought it might spruce up the cover a little. *wink*


Enjoy your 4th and stay safe..... I have a sleepy nappy pup that needs a long walk! ALSO, yes this is an "endorsement" - I found this at Starbucks the other day and it is delicious and wonderful with a little milk added to it.....yum yum.




Hugs!

6 comments:

~*~Patty said...

Happy Snap Crackle Pop to you too Ms M!
Oliver looks plumb tuckered or is he just resting up for the festivities, hope the pows don't bother him, not all pets enjoy the sound of fireworks

Love your wall pages, WOW, great details and transformation ... you make me want to get busy on something Asian ... what to do what to do!

Celebrate for now ;)
oxo

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

These wall pages are so detailed. I am in total awe of your treatment of the Asian theme.

Happy forth to Harley, Oliver, and YOU, dear friend. I hope it was fun and safe.

Terri said...

I hope you are having a fabulous 4th!
Your sleepy pup is so sweet, I have two of those too : )
I love how your pages turned out, all your elements are so perfect! I just love how you did it.
Hugs,
Terri

Diane said...

Great pages--I always love your detail. I did the same thing that you and Oliver did--just enjoyed the day at home.

Sugar Lump Studios said...

Good Morning!
I could just hug and scratch Oliver...he is the sweetest! Hailey (my boxer) would LOVE to play!
Your Asian wall pages are FABULOUS! I love all the wonderful images you used and the composition! gorgeous work m'dear!
Gonna be a HOT HOT day in July here in Michigan...hope you are cool! :)

Pearl Maple said...

Fabulous altered book, followed your link from one of the creative blog parties and really enjoyed visiting your posts.