Saturday, July 24, 2010

Travel Journey Visited!

For your viewing pleasure this evening in the Honeysuckle Breeze, we have pulled out our trusty travel journal and added the Boston/Salem pages. It has been a hot and steamy day in the Washington, DC, area - as it has been in most places east of the Mississippi. I did manage to get through cardio tennis this morning for one hour. It was sweaty just standing around waiting to run onto the court. WOW. Hot, steamy, muggy and just down right hot. Larcy and I did some running around. She left Oliver pup at home since it was just too hot to take him with us.

When I returned home I decided I had to get the travel journal out. Started with my blank pages. Above is the left hand side after I added Black Gesso to the page to "muddy" and distress it. And then the finished page....

In Salem I "negotiated" with a shop owner for a used box of Tarot cards which I knew I wanted to use in art work. He was a little thrown off by my wanting a "used" and old set - but I explained I would not have to do that much distressing to them. That was fun.....

And now, my little kiddies, lets wander off to the right side I titled, "She only flies after dark . . when moon light falls...."

OK, I admit it -- I did get carried away with this side..... yes, I did....

One of my fav nuns and a rub-on of a dandelion! Why not.... The finished product for both layouts:


I have to admit something to you. If this post seems a little "quick" and to "the point" - it is .... I am upstairs and although the sun has gone down - It still gets mighty warm up here with the southwest exposure and sometimes, especially during the day, I don't like to come up here but can't really move this room downstairs to the living room where it is deliciously cool and nice TV... BUtttttt - OK, here I go off again..... I have to show you all the Swan Boat Harley, Betsy, and I rode on one lovely day in Boston. Is it not beautiful????


Harley fell in love....


Yes, Harley is just a little harley-about-town.... just a roust-about......

We can't forget my "odd hotel" Very odd


The Boston Park Plaza Hotel & Towers.... Room 935. Dead phone, crazy coffee maker, air conditioner (don't get me started)....... just down right odd. I swear there was something weird and eerie about the whole 9th floor. Trust me. Yes, I will have to do my own investigation online to see if there are any lurking stories out there on this hotel! Yes, I will.

Don't get me wrong - a fun time was had by all in a lovely city.....

Nighty, night boys and girls. Stay tuned tomorrow for a give away -- a book I bought BUT am not into zentangles...... OH NO, they tangle my brain and in my world, there is no zen in a zentangle! LOL

6 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I love the swan boat photos. Harley is a man about town, that's for sure.

Hope your journal is holding up after the "repair" awhile back. If you didn't get so carried away in it . . . (grin). Love the pages, though.

Steph said...

ooh I love these pages, Marlynn!! glad you're back!!
steph

Terri said...

I can't even imagine playing any sport outside in this weather!

Your pages are fabulous! I love the black gesso touch, and the nun on the second page too, just fab!
Both these pages are so well done! You are the master of collage!

I am so glad you enjoyed your trip. I am chuckling imagining you trying to buy that deck of used cards....
And having a haunted motel???? Perfect for you! (not me!) LOL!
Hugs to you!
Happy Sunday!
Terri

Diane said...

Such FUN pages!!
Okay, I am LOVING that Hotel already--where's Johnny? (Jack Nicolson(sp?)-- aka The Shining)

~*~Patty S said...

You came home to a popcorn popper ... that's what Mr M calls it TOO HOT!
Great journal pages and what an amazing ingredient ... used Tarot cards ... be still my heart! Luv your nun and the dandelion puff is inspired too!

you know I have wanted to visit Boston for some time now and almost did once ... the swan boats are a big attraction ... cause you know I Love me some swans

so glad you're back Lady!
oxo

Lynn said...

Stunning journal, just love the use of the Tarot cards.