Monday, July 5, 2010

Summertime and the livin' is easy..... hot and humid

Only one way to spend a hot and humid summer day...... Oliver style! Inside air conditioning and napping....
Makes you wonder - when did two toys become better than one? Last night, nephew-pup Oliver went a visiting next door to the neighbors for a little steak, a little shrimp, a little potato salad, cupcakes, baked beans, - all of that was for me, Oliver did not eat the shrimp!


I did get one item done yesterday besides working on the Off the Walls notebook, I managed to put together an Acrylic Organizer Stamp Album I had picked up a few weeks ago.

Right now some of the cling mounted stamps have been hanging from my "clip-it-up" and that is OK for some but that clip it up is so full and I have no room for another one that I needed to transfer some stamps....


Got out my trusted Zutter (love it)


And got started putting the book together. Grabbed the stamps and clung away.... almost too thick to close, oh my!


and now TODAY, July 5, I have been doing some work from the my office and took a break and decided the "stamp" organizer needed some help and I needed to make some "pockets" to put the descriptive images of the stamps in..... Had some paper I have been "hoarding" and, what the heck, I cut it up.... oh no.... put it on the "non-stick" divider page....

Cut the paper into an 8"x71/2" piece and xyroned it... On the other side of the divider I used left over paper and made a pocket... The "girls" paper was double-sided and so you can see the blue design through the clear divider....


Decided to add a rub on to the front of album...
See the image by the two rub-ons? That is the BACK of the Hero stamp, I thought it worked out as a perfect "cover" for the book. Now all I have to do is finish the dividers and pockets and it will be all "decorated" my style.... See ya later! Summertime --- and the livin' is easy...... hot and humid!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Marlynn, you are TOO organized! I love what you did with your album and especialy those pockets. Can't have a boring place to store your stamps, can you? Wouldn't do. And why NOT embellish? I great way to enjoy the a/c indoors on a hot summer day!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Yep, this cover is definitely YOUR style. I can't believe all those clips you have on that turntable thingy. I'm surprised they didn't tumble over at some point. Glad you are one step closer to organizing your art.

It's hot and humid here, too. Sure wish we were back looking at snow pictures.

Terri said...

Hot and Humid it is!
Wow, we have really been having the hot weather too.
I love your stamp holding book, your decorations are fab. It is always a question how to deal with them best. It looks like you have some really cool stamps!
Oliver has the idea. I think I should nap more often!
Hugs,
Terri

~*~Patty said...

Love your clippy hanger dealie, I enjoy 'seeing' my stuff ... becomes a problem at some point of course, but whattayagonnado ;) AND of course your decorated notebook is brilliant too ... you almost make me want to stop everything and organize LOL
not sure what it will take to actually move me in that direction ... a huge blast of some sort perhaps!
Happy HotHotHot Day...you and Ollie stay cool!
oxo